HK 91 9 28.13%
M14 4 12.50%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-19-2008, 09:49 PM   #1
Dova80
Canyon Carver

Moto: MV Agusta
Default Battle Rifle

So lets say you get a 1200 dollar cap, which battle rifle would you get?

Ar15?
hK 91(or copy)?
M14?

We can make assumptions all day, and you know what they say about assuming. It means you're a fucking moron.
Dova80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 09:59 PM   #2
Mudpuppy
South of Heaven

Moto: 2006 Yamaha R1 50th Anniversary Edition

AR 15 is a bad ass gun..

I do like the AK47, SKS, M4 Carbine, M1 as well though..

Learn about photography: ATP Members
Mudpuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 10:01 PM   #3
Dova80
Canyon Carver

But the AR has a gas recoil system which is prone to getting dirty and jamming. Also its a 5.56 vs a 7.62 of the 91/M14. The 91 used a delayed roller system which is tried and proven to be a great rifle.

We can make assumptions all day, and you know what they say about assuming. It means you're a fucking moron.
Old 12-19-2008, 10:06 PM   #4
Mudpuppy
South of Heaven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dova80 View Post
But the AR has a gas recoil system which is prone to getting dirty and jamming. Also its a 5.56 vs a 7.62 of the 91/M14. The 91 used a delayed roller system which is tried and proven to be a great rifle.
Yes definitely a trade off.. I love the 7.62 round and I am very fucking deadly accurate with that round.. But when I shot the AR 15 I fell in love - that gun is just fucking magic.. i think it is worth the extra maintenance and hassle.. But I am looking into buying an SKS or AK47 just to get an economy assault rifle and of course the 7.62 round as well.. the AK is the obvious choice and a very popular gun for a good reason - price wise and performance wise it's a winner.. i don't know though i am just not a fan of the M14.. so if you are torn between M14 and HK like it sounds you are go with the HK..

Old 12-19-2008, 10:11 PM   #5
Dova80
Canyon Carver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudpuppy View Post
Yes definitely a trade off.. I love the 7.62 round and I am very fucking deadly accurate with that round.. But when I shot the AR 15 I fell in love - that gun is just fucking magic.. i think it is worth the extra maintenance and hassle.. But I am looking into buying an SKS or AK47 just to get an economy assault rifle and of course the 7.62 round as well.. the AK is the obvious choice and a very popular gun for a good reason - price wise and performance wise it's a winner.. i don't know though i am just not a fan of the M14.. so if you are torn between M14 and HK like it sounds you are go with the HK..
Na the M14 is thrown in there for fun, I am really torn between the 91 (actually a PTR) and a AR 15....

I seem to think I am leaning toward the 91, as it is a 308 and is a bit more versatile, while having shot a ar 15 i have a problem with the spring when I shoot it. I can hear it through the stock.. But I do admit it is a damn nice rifle hence my problem.

Old 12-19-2008, 10:18 PM   #6
Dragonpaco
Alleged Puppy Pimper

Moto: Shadow 750 Ace

once again, i ask for a gun section.

i'd go with the hk, just because it's an hk. the ak is great if you are on a budget and don't need to shoot cigarettes out of you enemies mouths. but the hk has reliablility and precision
Opinions are nothing like assholes, opinions are like vaginas, less then half of everyone has one, everyone else uses one that isn't their own, and there is no better way to fit in or be cast out than to share yours

Quote:
Originally Posted by askmrjesus View Post
I don't give a fuck if it's Hitler cake, it's still CAKE!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue View Post
You can come back here with me after the rally and do it!!!
Dragonpaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 10:20 PM   #7
Mudpuppy
South of Heaven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dova80 View Post
Na the M14 is thrown in there for fun, I am really torn between the 91 (actually a PTR) and a AR 15....

I seem to think I am leaning toward the 91, as it is a 308 and is a bit more versatile, while having shot a ar 15 i have a problem with the spring when I shoot it. I can hear it through the stock.. But I do admit it is a damn nice rifle hence my problem.
i don't recall hearing the spring but then again i shot a government issue AR 15 that you probably can't buy.. personally i have been building up my functional guns that i use often - not that i wouldn't have a use for an assault rifle (especially with the imminent economic collapse) but it's not too often you need a zombie killer.. i currently have a Ruger P95DC 9mm - great shooting gun and so fucking easy to field strip and clean it's stupid.. then i have an old somewhat rare 16 gauge Mossberg i use for skeet and small game.. then i have a Mossberg 835 Ulti-Mag 12 gauge - primarily got that for duck hunting but I got it because it can be used for everything from small game with 2-3/4 shells all the way up to polar bear with the 3-1/2" magnums.. ok maybe i would polar bear hunt with it but due to the dates of manufacture they were able to make a more powerful round than any 10 gauge whose dates of manufacture go back to the 1800s so they must limit the power (amount of gunpowder) in the 10 gauge rounds.. then finally i have a 50 cal inline blackpowder rifle just for deer hunting.. so now that i have my complete versatile collection for home defense and hunting i need to consider an assault rifle just because you never can own too many guns.. and when i get that i am then going to start buying high powered rifles starting with the 300 savage police sniper rifle..

Old 12-20-2008, 12:00 AM   #8
ericr
I'm so much cooler online

Moto: 06 FZ1

Honestly it would depend on the battle which one I'd want!

I picked the AR for all around use though. The .308 is definitely a harder hitting, longer range round, no arguing that. The .223 round however is smaller and lighter so you can carry more ammo (the reason the military switched in the first place). The .223 is cheaper too, way cheaper so target shooting and plinking is not going to break your wallet as quickly. The modern AR's are not that prone to malfunctioning like the first AR 15/M16 was and that bad rap has stayed around since the early days of the Vietnam war.

I would love to have an M14, they're great guns. I'd love to have an HK 91too and I passed on one back in the mid 90's once that I wish I'd gotten. It was a new/unused select fire gun for $2k, I'd have just had to get a stamp. It would be worth a lot more now, wish i had it.

Eric: ibu what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue View Post
but I'm perfectly placed when I'm on my knees . . . .
ericr is offline   Reply With Quote