Elitist

Moto: Gix 750
Thumbs down British = ugly mofos

MSNBC.com

Britons among 'ugliest people,' dating site says
Swedish men, Norwegian women get highest ratings for their looks

Reuters
updated 12:36 p.m. PT, Wed., Nov . 11, 2009
LONDON - Britons are among the ugliest people in the world, according to a dating Web site that says it only allows "beautiful people" to join.

Fewer than one in eight British men and just three in 20 women who have applied to BeautifulPeople.com have been accepted, an e-mailed statement from the site showed.

Existing members of the "elite dating site" rate how attractive potential members are over a 48-hour period, after applicants upload a recent photo and personal profile.

Swedish men have proved the most successful, with 65 percent being accepted, while Norwegian women are considered the most beautiful with 76 percent accepted, the site said.

The way that BeautifulPeople.com accepts new members is simple. A potential member applies with a photo and a brief profile. Over 48 hours, existing members of the opposite sex vote whether or not to admit them, the site said.

Options are: "Yes definitely," "Hmm yes, O.K," "Hmm no, not really" and "No definitely not."

The site was founded in 2002 in Denmark and went live across the globe last month. Since then, the site has rejected nearly 1.8 million people from 190 countries, admitting just 360,000 new members.

"I would say Britain is stumbling because they don't spend as much time polishing up their appearance and they are letting themselves down on physical fitness," Beautiful People managing director Greg Hodge said. "Next to Brazilian and Scandinavian beauties, British people just aren't as toned or glamorous."

Only the male Russian and Polish applicants fared worse than British men, although Russian women had a 44 percent acceptance rate. Polish women did not appear in the table.

German applicants were slated for offering up unflattering photographs, which may have hindered their acceptance rates at 15 percent for men and 13 percent for women, the lowest rate in their category.

"German men and women aren't faring well, but they are submitting stern images, they need to soften up," Hodge said.
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 05:40 PM   #2
Crotch Rocket Curmudgeon

Moto: Li'l red baby Ninja

Well, since we've removed intelligence from the mix (with safety guarding and labeling EVERYTHING), now just add the Internet and picture dating, and we can then consider the likelihood of successful pair bonding & reproduction entirely on looks? Yay!

Darwin must be spinning in his grave.

Barbie for president.
Old 11-11-2009, 08:05 PM   #3
Smittie61984
I give Squids a bad name

Moto: 1996 CBR600 F3 (AKA the Flying Turd)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avatard View Post
now just add the Internet and picture dating, and we can then consider the likelihood of successful pair bonding & reproduction entirely on looks? Yay!
The hot chicks will still go to SugarDaddy.com so no worries. So it'll be just like in the real world.
Old 11-11-2009, 05:58 PM   #4
CrazyKell
Vrooom

Moto: 06 ZX6R

I've done some hands on research in the area.

Many ugly English women.

Many attractive English men.

Problem is....they've all got such horrible teeth even the half decent ones don't have a chance in hell.
CrazyKell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 09:41 PM   #5
2up
Waiting for Hello Kitty!

Moto: Nothing ATM, which makes me want to cry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyKell View Post
I've done some hands on research in the area.

Many ugly English women.

Many attractive English men.

Problem is....they've all got such horrible teeth even the half decent ones don't have a chance in hell.
One of the HOTTEST guys I know is from Wales... so apparently there are a few exceptions to the "rule." He even has good teeth. Actually, there are several exceptions to the rule that I can think of off the top of my head.... Jude Law, Gerard Butler, Hugh Grant, Sean Connery, Pierce Brosnan.

ETA: I'd LOVE to do some hands on research on Mr. Wales Kell! My company SO needs to send me to our Isle of Man office, for a few reasons!!

Last edited by 2up; 11-12-2009 at 09:46 PM..
2up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 06:00 PM   #6
Homeslice
Elitist

I've heard that. Do they not know how to use toothpaste?
Old 11-11-2009, 06:37 PM   #7
pdog
Refugee

Moto: Pimped 2005 SV650

They don't have nearly as much water fluoridation as in the US too but neither does most of Europe. Hmmm.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Water_fluoridation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
I've heard that. Do they not know how to use toothpaste?
pdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 06:45 PM   #8
Homeslice
Elitist

The part of San Diego I lived in didn't have flouridation either.. Personally I don't want any, I get plenty already from brushing teeth twice a day, so fuck off with the gov't telling me what to drink
Old 11-11-2009, 06:48 PM   #9
CrazyKell
Vrooom

Moto: 06 ZX6R

HOnestly, I think it's a cultural thing. It's just not as important there as it is here. I have no idea why.

I taught kids that had mouths full of black teeth. BLACK because they were so rotten. Adults the same age as me without any teeth. Not sure if it's because I taught in the poorest borough or what, but in general they have horrible teeth.
CrazyKell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 06:51 PM   #10
Homeslice
Elitist

maybe too much coffee & cigarettes