Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 12-26-2010, 11:50 AM   #1
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Default Any New Android Apps You'd Like To Share?

Okay, I have a few,

G-Mote(free)- basically, this app allows you to completely control your computer from your phone. Type, touchpad, whatever... makes it nice for those of us that have their computers hooked up to their TVs. It works extremely well. I'm typing this up with it now.

Musicbox(free)- pulls music from the web to download for free. The company pays licensing fees so it is totally legit (afaik). It also has a "chart" feature to shows Billboard charts you can click on to find songs. I've pulled at least 200 songs with this app.

Bluetimer(free)- allows you to set times to turn your bluetooth on and off to save battery life. I like it because it is very simple and easy to use.

Seedonk(free)- allows you to link any webcams (including built in) and view them on your phone. They also offer a $40 motorized, motion tracking camera that you can install that works rather well. You can remotely control it from your phone or it will follow motion. You can make it record video or take snapshots. You can also share your info with others to allow them to see whatever your camera(s) see. Could be kinky but it's advertised as a way for family to check out the baby or your home.

I know we've done these threads before but there are so many new apps coming out every day....
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 07:59 PM   #2
Corey
AMA Supersport

Moto: Not a damn thing

Winamp - good music app plus shoutcast streaming plus free

Mint - pretty good financial app that ties into their website, made by the people who make Quicken/Quickbooks (Intuit?)

Beautiful Widgets - Not free. Worth the price. Good clock and weather widgets that are skinnable.

Springpad - Kinda like Evernote, but (too me) more functional and more useful. And free.

Launch X - A widget that displays multiple app shortcuts without cluttering the fuck out of your screen. Free and Paid version available.

Pure Calendar - Good calendar widget. Not free.

Pure Messenger - Good messaging widget. Also not free.

"Your game is shit, your company is shit. Activision ruined you! Activision ruined you." - Francis
Corey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 09:03 PM   #3
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

ADW Launcher EX... much better than any launcher I've tried yet.

Cardio Trainer cool app to track your runs and sync's music for ya.

USAA Mobile for those with USAA accounts... can take photos of checks to have them immediately deposited in your account. like stand in line, take the photos, and swipe the card and it go through immediately

Poweramp music player (lots of eq settings pretty cool)

Win amp beta (sync music via wifi)

Retro camera (cool photo ap)

Chrome to phone

Shazam or Sound hound... search for music by running ap while its playing
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 09:07 PM   #4
Corey
AMA Supersport

Moto: Not a damn thing

Retro Camera is really nice, and I use it quite a bit. I've been leaning more towards Vignette for everyday use. It has a ton of filters and settings and has been worth it for the paid version. My only beef with it is the processing time for the photos.

"Your game is shit, your company is shit. Activision ruined you! Activision ruined you." - Francis
Corey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 09:11 PM   #5
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey View Post
Retro Camera is really nice, and I use it quite a bit. I've been leaning more towards Vignette for everyday use. It has a ton of filters and settings and has been worth it for the paid version. My only beef with it is the processing time for the photos.
yeah I completely agree....

Picplz is a new one I've just downloaded... gonna mess around with it
Old 12-26-2010, 09:14 PM   #6
EpyonXero
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2003 VFR800f6

PowerAMP is the best music player Ive used so far.
Old 12-27-2010, 09:34 AM   #7
Archren
Sham WOW

Moto: 2007 Ducati 1098

Kindle app - can read the same book on my Nexus, on my laptop, or on my old iPhone (now relegated to iPod Touch duties).

Key Ring - for all those discount/rewards cards (like Best Buy, CVS, etc.).. it will even show a bar code along with the rewards card number (although be warned bar code readers are rarely able to read the bar code straight off the phone... it has worked a few times for me, but usually the person at the register has to punch the number in manually). Beats having to carry around all the cards and dig for them while standing in line (at least for me, with my bag-of-holding purse).

Adobe Photoshop Express - if you have an account with them online, you can view any of the photos you have uploaded to your account. For instance, I have a ton of photos I took with the DSLR... I can then choose to e-mail an individual photo or the link to the album to someone, or set a photo as my wallpaper, etc. Mainly nice to be able to access my albums on the run.

Plus one to Springpad and USAA mobile. I use the crap out of both of those.

"The Vincent was like a bullet that went straight; the Ducati is like the magic bullet that went sideways and hit JFK and the Governor of Texas at the same time. It was impossible."
- Hunter S. Thompson, Song of the Sausage Creature

"Be who you are and say what you feel
because those who mind don't matter
and those who matter don't mind."
-Dr. Seuss
Archren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 10:57 AM   #8
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Oh and I use Music Wizard... same as music box just found it first... there are quite a few out there... music junk, is another.

Frostwire lets you transfer via WiFi between phones but have yet to use it.
Old 12-27-2010, 11:05 AM   #9
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Why these music players over the stock ones?

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 11:12 AM   #10
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
Why these music players over the stock ones?
Power AMP has tons of different EQ settings and downloads album art from the internet automaticly if you set it to.

Win Amp as I said allows you to transfer from your computer to the phone via WiFi from Win Amp on your computer

I have both on my phone, but only use Power Amp to actually play music