Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 06-16-2009, 04:01 PM   #1
RACER X
AMA Supersport

Moto: '10 Tuono Factory
Default he said..........she said

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worl...-ended-56.html

"Scarred for life: The teenager who asked tattooist for THREE stars on her face and ended up with FIFTY-SIX
By Mail Foreign Service
Last updated at 4:35 PM on 16th June 2009
Comments (42) Add to My Stories A teenage girl is suing a tattoo artist for £8,500 after she allegedly asked him for three stars on her face - but ended up with 56.

Eighteen-year-old Kimberley Vlaminck paid £55 for 'the graffiti that has ruined my life' in her Belgian home town of Courtrai.
Enlarge Scarred from life: Kimberley Vlaminck shows her tattooed face. The 56 stars will cost £8,500 to remove
Kimberley says the tattoos have ruined her life
She claimed the Romanian tattooist who performed the artwork misunderstood her French and English.

She claims she fell asleep while he was doing his work... and awoke to 'this nightmare'.
'It is terrible for me,' said Kimberley. 'I cannot go out on to the street, I am so embarrassed. I just look horrible.'
'I think he didn’t understand what I wanted. He spoke only fractured English and French.

'But I explicitly said in my native tongue, French, and also in a little bit of English when he looked confused, that I wanted three little stars only near my left eye.'
Rouslan Toumaniantz, who runs the tattoo parlour called The Tattoo Box in Courtrai, denies her claim.
He said she knew 'exactly what she wanted'.
He added: 'She was awake and looked into the mirror several times as the procedure was taking place.

'The trouble all started when she went home and her father and boyfriend threw a fit.
'They are saying things now like I doped her or hypnotised her. What rubbish!

'She asked for 56 stars and that’s what she got.'
To remove the stars would require surgery costing £8,500.
But even the most advanced laser techniques would, while removing the tattoos, leave deep white marks all across Kimberley's face.
She has launched legal proceedings against Toumaniantz seeking damages, plus the money for the operation.

He was questioned by police earlier this year but they decided it was a civil matter and that there was nothing they could do.
Jules Clocher, a Belgian psychologist, said: 'The trauma this girl must be feeling is indescribable. She feels like a circus freak - and no wonder, because she looks like one.' "

i call BS on the part of the chic
2009 SFV Gladius - SOLD
2008 Hayabusa - SOLD.
RACER X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 04:06 PM   #2
the chi
Forum Coach

Moto: 2006 GSXR 600

I gotta agree. I like it, its cool looking, but theres no way she didnt know what she was doing. I can understand falling asleep for a tattoo, but not when someone is working on such a delicate area.
and let it be known that what The Chi hath spoketh, will henceforth be done.
the chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 04:06 PM   #3
Apoc
For Science. You Monster.

Moto: '08 HD FLSTSB

yup, I have no doubt she got what she asked for, and lied when she realized she was a complete idiot for asking for it.

She wanted it. Didnt look good. Daddy got mad, boyfriend got mad, girl made up a lie. Sounds kind of typical for the convos weve been having on here today actually! lol
Apoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 04:09 PM   #4
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apoc View Post
yup, I have no doubt she got what she asked for, and lied when she realized she was a complete idiot for asking for it.

She wanted it. Didnt look good. Daddy got mad, boyfriend got mad, girl made up a lie. Sounds kind of typical for the convos weve been having on here today actually! lol
Does that mean tigger wont respond in this one either

Tom
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 04:18 PM   #5
CrazyKell
Vrooom

Moto: 06 ZX6R

No way in HELL could you fall asleep for any of that shit.

Besides, if you thought there was ANY sort of confusion on the part of the "artist" why in god's name would you go through with it?
CrazyKell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 04:07 PM   #6
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Ok so this moron asked a guy that may not have undestood what she wanted tattooed on her face. What a fucking moron, she has nothing to complain about if shes that stupid, much less to get her face tattooed.

Tom
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 04:18 PM   #7
canibeyou
I'm taller on Facebook

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommymac View Post
Ok so this moron asked a guy that may not have undestood what she wanted tattooed on her face. What a fucking moron, she has nothing to complain about if shes that stupid, much less to get her face tattooed.

Tom

Rule #1.) If someone's doing anything to your face... make sure you're both speaking the same language! And I mean ANYTHING...

With that said... just 'cuz it looks good on Kat Von D doesn't mean it'll look good on you!

That would'a looked wicked cool if it'd been done in the glow in the dark ink. Not that I'd do that to my face.... just sayin'.
Old 06-16-2009, 04:24 PM   #8
derf
token jewboy

Moto: CBR 900, KLR ugly ass duckling, Gas Man

Wow, her story is total BS. She would have been sleeping right until the needle hit her cheekbone, forehead, jaw, nose, hell really anywhere on her face.
Old 06-16-2009, 04:34 PM   #9
julie j
WERA Yellow Plate

Moto: F650GS & XT250

All the tattoos I have had they let you look at the carbon before needle touches the skin. There is no way that girl fell a sleep and she is an idiot if there was a language barrier.
julie j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 04:36 PM   #10
askmrjesus
Soul Man

Moto: '0000 Custom Turbo Cross (with jet kit).

Chick looks like a box of Lucky Charms.

JC