Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 07-21-2009, 07:46 PM   #1
Ducati Diva
just learning

Moto: 1996 M900
Default Why America's Economy Fell off The Cliff

SO TRUE!!!!!!

John Doe started the day early having set his alarm clock (MADE IN JAPAN) for 6 am. While his coffeepot (MADE IN CHINA) was perking, he shaved with his electric razor (MADE IN HONG KONG), He put on a dress shirt (MADE IN SRI LANKA ), designer jeans (MADE IN SINGAPORE), and tennis shoes (MADE IN KOREA).

After cooking his breakfast in his new electric skillet (MADE IN INDIA), he sat down with his calculator (MADE IN MEXICO), to see how much he could spend today. After setting his watch (MADE IN TAIWAN), to the radio (MADE IN INDIA), he got in his car (MADE IN GERMANY), filled it with GAS (from SAUDIA ARABIA), and continued his search for a good paying AMERICAN JOB.

At the end of yet another discouraging and fruitless day checking his computer (made in MALAYSIA), John decided to relax for a while. He put on his sandals (MADE IN BRAZIL), poured himself a glass of wine (MADE IN FRANCE), and turned on his TV (MADE IN INDONESIA), and then wondered why he can't find a good paying job in AMERICA.

AND NOW HE'S HOPING HE CAN GET HELP FROM A PRESIDENT (MADE IN KENYA).

HELLO, ANYONE HOME IN THERE . . . . . . . WAKE UP AMERICA!!!!!!!

Don't know if this should be here or war room???? Mods move it where you want if not the right thread
Old 07-21-2009, 07:56 PM   #2
VatorMan
Wrap Yo Ass in Fiberglass

Moto: Feet

Well, people anywhere but here wouldn't have half that shit. Reason he can't/won't "find" a job is he won't accept anything less than what he considers decent pay. America was founded on cheap labor and now there is no such thing. Buying sneakers that cost $200 just so an American can make $30 lacing them up is lame. Kids from overseas whip our kids asses in school as well.

Wake up America ! You need your ass kicked into gear !!
VatorMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 07:59 PM   #3
Ducati Diva
just learning

Moto: 1996 M900

Quote:
Originally Posted by VatorMan View Post
Well, people anywhere but here wouldn't have half that shit. Reason he can't/won't "find" a job is he won't accept anything less than what he considers decent pay. America was founded on cheap labor and now there is no such thing. Buying sneakers that cost $200 just so an American can make $30 lacing them up is lame. Kids from overseas whip our kids asses in school as well.

Truth there as well!
Old 07-21-2009, 09:28 PM   #4
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by VatorMan View Post

hence my earlier comment in some other threads that there's such a sense of entitlement these days basically along the lines of "I deserve a paycheck just for showing up to work"

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 08:59 AM   #5
Rider
Moto GP Star

Greed is the only answer.
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 09:43 AM   #6
pauldun170
Serious Business

Moto: 1993 ZX-11 2008 CBR1000rr

that's the dumbest thing I ever read

My alarm clock is made in China,my coffeepot made in Italy
I don't wear designer Jeans...cupcake.
Don't wear a watch
Fucking Calculator?
They're goddamn sneakers not fucking tennis shoes.
New electric skillet? I'm sorry I have fully functioning kitchen and barbecue. I don't need an "electric skillet.

My radio is part of my alarm clock, I haven't had a dedicated "radio" in years.
My jap car was made in America
My gas was most likely made in America using crude ship from America.

The rest of it is just isolationist, protectionist xenophobic entitlement driven bullshit probably written by some overpaid union worker who likes to divide everything in to "us' (meaning the other guys in the union) and "them" (everybody else) finished off with a ignorant racist bullshit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
feed your dogs root beer it will make them grow large and then you can ride them and pet the motorcycle while drinking root beer
pauldun170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 10:15 AM   #7
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider View Post
Greed is the only answer.
In a way I agree with this sentiment!

The problem with a lot of the complaining about products being made overseas is one simple question. Are you willing to go to work for $3 an hour? Maybe we should bring slavery or child labor back. That's how we used to compete... It never ceases to amaze me when people (no one specific) are sitting at the desk of their $40-60,000 job complaining because "Americans" won't take the same pay as people in Sri Lanka or wherever. Let's suppose that we wanted to start competing with China, are you willing to pay 4-10 times as much for stuff as you do now? In many cases, more expensive American versions of products are available, why don't you buy them? No offense but the OP typed this thread on a computer, most likely made overseas. Sitting at a desk, most likely made overseas. A desk cluttered with items most of which were made overseas...
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 10:23 AM   #8
pauldun170
Serious Business

Moto: 1993 ZX-11 2008 CBR1000rr

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post

The problem with a lot of the complaining about products being made overseas is one simple question. Are you willing to go to work for $3 an hour? Maybe we should bring slavery or child labor back. That's how we used to compete... It never ceases to amaze me when people (no one specific) are sitting at the desk of their $40-60,000 job complaining because "Americans" won't take the same pay as people in Sri Lanka or wherever. Let's suppose that we wanted to start competing with China, are you willing to pay 4-10 times as much for stuff as you do now? In many cases, more expensive American versions of products are available, why don't you buy them? No offense but the OP typed this thread on a computer, most likely made overseas. Sitting at a desk, most likely made overseas. A desk cluttered with items most of which were made overseas...

"they took our jobs"

http://www.youtube.com/user/theycall...WtfNfDju98eA9g
Attached Images
File Type: jpg they took our jobs.jpg (109.3 KB, 86 views)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
feed your dogs root beer it will make them grow large and then you can ride them and pet the motorcycle while drinking root beer
pauldun170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 10:25 AM   #9
Rider
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post

Exactly. There is a book out called Cheap. It goes into detail the reason our economy is in the shiiter. It also talks about the Walmart Effect. There is a movie called Walmart: The High Cost of Low Price. You should check out both of those.
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 01:55 AM   #10
jetskifast
Kneedragger

Moto: BMW F650GS BMW K1200S

Every job sent out of country, one less American able to buy products.
Someday Americans will get clue, you need people with jobs to buy your products.
jetskifast is offline   Reply With Quote