Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 04-09-2009, 12:57 AM   #41
101lifts2
WSB Champion

Moto: 2009 Kawi ZX6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobTheBiker View Post
no matter what, I dont forsee it ever getting off the ground. it just looks like such a pile of shit. even if the whole traffic system were revamped, theres NOTHING you could do to make those things safe, people would still be retards.

now if we went with what asia does and just used Honda cub scooters everywhere, I think theres a chance to improve rediculous traffic conditions in cramped urban areas.
It doesn't have to be safe. Its going to be rated as a motorcycle which have no crash standards.

Ron Paul - 2012

Mark of Excellence
GM
101lifts2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 12:58 AM   #42
101lifts2
WSB Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobTheBiker View Post
automatic qualification as pile of shit by way of the manufacturer. GM=shit to me.
whatever

Ron Paul - 2012

Mark of Excellence
GM
Old 04-09-2009, 12:59 AM   #43
101lifts2
WSB Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerscott View Post
Two wheel coffin. Alright!!!!

Wonder what the crash test looks like with that up against an SUV.
Prolly as good as someone on a motorcycle. Its going to be rated as such, not a passenger car.

Ron Paul - 2012

Mark of Excellence
GM
Old 04-09-2009, 01:03 AM   #44
101lifts2
WSB Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amorok View Post
....And no, it still looks gay. I know rims make anything attractive to some people who demonstrate a lack of taste in other areas such as clothes, music, politicians (oh yes he did!) but this thing still looks like 8 guys blowing nine guys. It's gayer than three boys fucking in the snow, and two of them liking it. I could get laid in it, but I'd have to work at it.
Its a cheap way to get around. Does every vehicle have to be "cool"? Americans idea of what is cool and what is not will change once Obama mandates 35mpg CAFE standards.

Ron Paul - 2012

Mark of Excellence
GM
Old 04-09-2009, 01:13 AM   #45
Flexin
AMA Supersport

I find it odd that crash safety comes up so much on motorcycle forums. Would I drive one? I would take it for a run. Would I buy one? I don't think so. For me if I lived downtown in a big ass city I would go for a motorcycle or a mountain bike. It would depend on my needs and the distance I needed to travel.

The part about it driving it self is something I like. If it had its own lane and could roll on its own I would think about it. Glide by the heavy rush hour traffic while I sit back and relax.

James
"Round two, I'm down to Do, what it takes to make you
Understand I'm the Candyman And I melt in your mouth, not in your hands Hard as rock, yes I'm no sucka The boots I knock make me one bad mutha"
Flexin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 06:11 AM   #46
Amorok
Issukangitok

Moto: '06 Suzuki Boulevard C50T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flexin View Post
I find it odd that crash safety comes up so much on motorcycle forums. Would I drive one? I would take it for a run. Would I buy one? I don't think so. For me if I lived downtown in a big ass city I would go for a motorcycle or a mountain bike. It would depend on my needs and the distance I needed to travel.

The part about it driving it self is something I like. If it had its own lane and could roll on its own I would think about it. Glide by the heavy rush hour traffic while I sit back and relax.

James
All of which I could do on a Vespa, and at least be a little bit cool. This thing is a solution without a problem. A faggoty, ugly solution.
Old 04-09-2009, 12:23 PM   #47
Flexin
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amorok View Post
All of which I could do on a Vespa, and at least be a little bit cool. This thing is a solution without a problem. A faggoty, ugly solution.
Did you not hear about the Knight Rider shit? This two wheel mofo will be able to park itself then come get you when your ready to go. Show me a Vespa that will do that?

Not everyone can ride a motor powered bike. Some people can't do it. There are some others that think they can but really shouldn't be doing it. I don't know what about this you don't understand but they are not building these to replace your manly Vespa. Its another vehicle. Its just another choice people will have.

And they are not talking about building these for the Gap. These are for busy city streets. If they make a dedicated lane for these then it could be the faster option. While your trying to be less gay on your Vespa, sucking back the exhaust from that NY cab in front of you. The two up Segway could be flying by in its own lane. This could cut down on traffic problems.

You seem to really be worried about your manhood. You seemed obsessed with this whole gay thing. You should really work on that. Maybe you have some issues to work out.

James
"Round two, I'm down to Do, what it takes to make you
Understand I'm the Candyman And I melt in your mouth, not in your hands Hard as rock, yes I'm no sucka The boots I knock make me one bad mutha"
Flexin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 01:55 PM   #48
goof2
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101lifts2 View Post
Its a cheap way to get around. Does every vehicle have to be "cool"? Americans idea of what is cool and what is not will change once Obama mandates 35mpg CAFE standards.
Correction, it is supposed to be a cheap way to get around. It will not be. A Segway costs $5k or more and has no new technology. This thing, based off the talk, is going to have lots of new technology. It is going to take more than GPS alone for this thing to drive itself with or without someone behind the wheel. Even if that idea is left on the drawing board it is still going to cost significantly more. The additional capabilities will require better motors and better batteries while being more complex to build. All that costs more money.

The fact is GM and Segway don't know what they want this thing to be. It is supposed to be for locations where people ride bicycles and scooters. The problem is people typically ride bicycles and scooters because they don't have much money. They'll be lucky to keep the price under that of a car, putting it out of range of that intended audience. How many in that audience have a place to keep it where they can also charge it? It is also supposed to be a technology showpiece placing its target audience as the well off living in cities. They have the same problems with where to park and how to charge it. The fact is it is impractical for most of the people who would have a use for it due to an inability to charge it and difficulty parking it.
goof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 02:03 PM   #49
pauldun170
Serious Business

Moto: 1993 ZX-11 2008 CBR1000rr

First of all...why hasn't this oldie but goodie bween posted

http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse....it_needs_to_be

Second...this is a win for mall security guides nationwide and continues GM's tradition of only being able to sell to fleets.

So far...I've seen ONE person rocking a Segway on NYC. Every other one was ridden by someone hired to push a product such as "Sports drinks" or someone making sure those damn kids don't cause trouble in Abacrombie and bitch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
feed your dogs root beer it will make them grow large and then you can ride them and pet the motorcycle while drinking root beer
pauldun170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 02:19 PM   #50
goof2
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauldun170 View Post
First of all...why hasn't this oldie but goodie bween posted

http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse....it_needs_to_be

Second...this is a win for mall security guides nationwide and continues GM's tradition of only being able to sell to fleets.

So far...I've seen ONE person rocking a Segway on NYC. Every other one was ridden by someone hired to push a product such as "Sports drinks" or someone making sure those damn kids don't cause trouble in Abacrombie and bitch.
You can sometimes see herds of moron tourists on Segway tours. It does have a nice side benefit of making them easy to spot and stay away from. You can also see them on golf courses that want to charge $200+ per round but don't have a nice enough course to justify it.
goof2 is offline   Reply With Quote