Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 09-02-2008, 06:25 PM   #71
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLIT View Post
that tiger helmet is ugly as fuck.

GEE guess what helmet I just won for $50? Yeesh! Oh well,I can have it painted and still have an Arai RX7 !
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 11:04 PM   #72
JoJoYZF
Bring on the Zombies!

Moto: 2000 Yamaha YZF600R

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
GEE guess what helmet I just won for $50? Yeesh! Oh well,I can have it painted and still have an Arai RX7 !
Damn man. Id definitely be willing to rock the tiger if it meant an arai for $50. Nice find.
JoJoYZF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 12:46 AM   #73
ceo012384
Pompous Prick

Moto: 06 R6 (race), 04 CRF Tard (race)

Yo man you are ALL over the place with these decisions... just pick something and stick with it. You see how quickly I just ordered a shitton of parts and put them on the bike? Do that and don't worry about it. Buy from reputable companies and get back on the road sooner.

I have two pieces of advice:

Get the CF can if you're getting a slipon... full sys is the WTG though.

Don't buy that faggy tiger helmet.

edit: nevermind, you bought the faggy tiger helmet
ceo012384 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 02:40 AM   #74
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceo012384 View Post
Yo man you are ALL over the place with these decisions... just pick something and stick with it. You see how quickly I just ordered a shitton of parts and put them on the bike? Do that and don't worry about it. Buy from reputable companies and get back on the road sooner.

I have two pieces of advice:

Get the CF can if you're getting a slipon... full sys is the WTG though.

Don't buy that faggy tiger helmet.

edit: nevermind, you bought the faggy tiger helmet
Yea I'm not you,I have a tendency to jump from spot to spot in an instant and you are much more straight forward and narrow focused. I admire that about you actually. I could never put together a linear blog such as you have done. Mine would be all over the place (my nickname has always been Tigger for a reason). Anyway,I respect your opinion,and your way of doing things. Thank you for your advice,although it's a little too late. I've already got new forks and shock,had them reworked by Race Tech and have installed them on the bike. I've ordered the new plastic and it would have been here Sat but for customs problems (the windshield came). We'll see how it all shakes out. As of right now,I've spent just under $2,000 and have gotten; a radiator, rad fan, headers, AK slip-on exhaust, full body kit, CF wind shield, reg windshield, new headlight, new seat covers, new Joe Rocket jacket and gloves, 4 helmets, tri-metal sprocket and chain set, new cf trim pieces, and new Joe Rocket boots. I'm doing ok, I think but probably could have used some direction.....
Old 09-03-2008, 09:25 PM   #75
Dnyce
flyin high

Moto: 10speed huffy w/cards in the spokes

Quote:
Yea I'm not you,I have a tendency to jump from spot to spot in an instant and you are much more straight forward and narrow focused. I admire that about you actually. I could never put together a linear blog such as you have done. Mine would be all over the place (my nickname has always been Tigger for a reason). Anyway,I respect your opinion,and your way of doing things. Thank you for your advice,although it's a little too late. I've already got new forks and shock,had them reworked by Race Tech and have installed them on the bike. I've ordered the new plastic and it would have been here Sat but for customs problems (the windshield came). We'll see how it all shakes out. As of right now,I've spent just under $2,000 and have gotten; a radiator, rad fan, headers, AK slip-on exhaust, full body kit, CF wind shield, reg windshield, new headlight, new seat covers, new Joe Rocket jacket and gloves, 4 helmets, tri-metal sprocket and chain set, new cf trim pieces, and new Joe Rocket boots. I'm doing ok, I think but probably could have used some direction.....

actually sounds straightforward, cept for the 4 freakin helmets lol
Old 09-03-2008, 09:41 PM   #76
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider View Post
Shark will be my next helmet.
I have heard very very good things about Sharks. My buddy that solely ran X-11s said the RSR fits him perfect and is just as good at venting as the X-11, is quieter than the X-11 which should be easy, and is a lot better protection over the old style snells shells that are in the X-11. I will look into when I am helmet shopping next.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 10:12 PM   #77
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dnyce View Post
actually sounds straightforward, cept for the 4 freakin helmets lol

He may be refering to my original idea of getting cf bodywork but I explained the time lag/expense was too great.

The four helmet thing is basically my impatience and good fortune (sorta). I kept getting beat on these auctions at the last minute. So I put low max bids (under $100) on 8 different helmets,thinking I would be lucky to win even 1. I ended up winning 4! 3 Sharks and the ugly Arai! The Sharks are brand new and from a dealer in New York. I called and verified. I could have had the Shoei but I let it go. I also could have had a new HJC for $50 but let it go too.

Oh btw here's the $52 Joe Rocket boots (my max bid was $60 lol)

Oh and I got my new rear sprocket today,I'll put it on tomorrow...Tri metal FTW! A buddy of mine gave me a scratched GSXR fender to put on my bike until my new plastic comes in. YAY!!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg boots 1.jpg (18.1 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg boots 2.jpg (26.4 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg boots 3.jpg (20.2 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg boots 4.jpg (15.8 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00117.JPG (109.3 KB, 20 views)
Old 09-03-2008, 11:10 PM   #78
JoJoYZF
Bring on the Zombies!

Moto: 2000 Yamaha YZF600R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
I have heard very very good things about Sharks. My buddy that solely ran X-11s said the RSR fits him perfect and is just as good at venting as the X-11, is quieter than the X-11 which should be easy, and is a lot better protection over the old style snells shells that are in the X-11. I will look into when I am helmet shopping next.
Thats my only complaint about my x11. Im definitely intrigued by the sharks now.
JoJoYZF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 03:03 PM   #79
ceo012384
Pompous Prick

Moto: 06 R6 (race), 04 CRF Tard (race)

Quote:
As of right now,I've spent just under $2,000 and have gotten; a radiator, rad fan, headers, AK slip-on exhaust, full body kit, CF wind shield, reg windshield, new headlight, new seat covers, new Joe Rocket jacket and gloves, 4 helmets, tri-metal sprocket and chain set, new cf trim pieces, and new Joe Rocket boots.
You've done pretty well for that amount of money, buddy

Now comes the fun part: Putting it back together
ceo012384 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 05:45 PM   #80
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceo012384 View Post
You've done pretty well for that amount of money, buddy

Now comes the fun part: Putting it back together
Thanks! I forgot that I also got forks,rear shock and had them worked over by Race Tech!