Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 11-18-2009, 11:09 AM   #211
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Moto: '09 ER-6n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaneman View Post
I never said it did. Tips are completely performance based. Do a crappy job get a crappy tip...do a really crappy job and get no tip. Do an exceptional job that really improves a customer's night and get 20% +.

My argument is that it is a great system that allows for quality servers who strive to do a good job and earn their money. When I'm throwing $40 + down for a meal for my wife and I the service is almost as important as the food, it needs to be stellar and I'm happy to tip well when it is.

When the service is bad it puts a real damper on everything else. If, as some are suggesting, we were to do away with the tip system and make servers salaried employees the level of service would go way down to the point that people (like myself) would just stop going out to eat.

Its not about, "Well if you don't like not getting tipped get a different job", that's complete bullshit. The world needs servers and the task they perform. Going out to eat, for me, is something to look forward to, something that brings joy and something fun...and that's not something to be pissed away because some people are too cheap to leave a tip because, "they don't agree with the system."

You would pay MORE for your meal after all was said and done without the tip system. At least this way someone is striving to really earn that cash. And if they don't....well they don't get it. Performance based systems are beautiful.
Perhaps that's what you're trying to say, but a lot of people seem to be coming down on a couple of us because we believe that there is nothing wrong with leaving no tip, if the service doesn't warrant it. What you have just said in this latest response supports my opinion that leaving no tip is a valid response to bad, or completely lacking service.

http://www.morallyambiguous.net/

Last edited by Papa_Complex; 11-18-2009 at 11:11 AM..
Papa_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 11:16 AM   #212
Tmall
Aspiring Rapper

Moto: '12 CB1000R

Werd, so Kaneman argued for two days to agree with us. Strange..
Tmall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 11:17 AM   #213
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyKell View Post
Am I speaking English?

Time after time on this forum people choose to read what they want to read. They choose to hear what they want to hear. And they'll beat that dead horse into the ground because they want to.

I feel like that kid in the freakout video and if I see a remote in the next 5 seconds I'm going to try and shove it up my ass.
Um, welcome to the internet.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 11:17 AM   #214
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmall View Post
If it helps pass the time at work its all good

Tom
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 11:19 AM   #215
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2000 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmall View Post
No, that was always my point. I never advocated giving tips to shitty waiters, I argued in favor of the tip system.
1982 Honda XR80 - blown motor, 1993 Kawasaki ZX6D - sold, 2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S - sold, 1984 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R - blown motor, 2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom - totalled, 2003 Yamaha FZ1 - sold, 1994 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Honda CBR600F4i - sold, 1998 Suzuki DR350 - stolen, 1989 Honda Super Magna - sold, 2007 Yamaha Stratoliner, 2000 Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird
Kaneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 11:22 AM   #216
CrazyKell
Vrooom

Moto: 06 ZX6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
Um, welcome to the internet.

I credit the internet with giving me the "remote up the ass" idea. It's too late now. I can't unsee what I've seen.

Oh and as a complete aside....I cannot stand the 'welcome to the internet' comeback because it lacks both insight and creativity. A lowest common denominator comeback if there ever were one. I give certain forum members more credibility for their debating skills....so when one falters my faith in the system falters.

(and for those of you fucktards who are going to jump all over me because that's what you like to do with every post of mine......look up TONGUE IN CHEEK and then get back to me).

ps. I'm feeling saucy today!
CrazyKell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 11:41 AM   #217
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
I credit the internet with giving me the "remote up the ass" idea. It's too late now. I can't unsee what I've seen.

Oh and as a complete aside....I cannot stand the 'welcome to the internet' comeback because it lacks both insight and creativity. A lowest common denominator comeback if there ever were one. I give certain forum members more credibility for their debating skills....so when one falters my faith in the system falters.

(and for those of you fucktards who are going to jump all over me because that's what you like to do with every post of mine......look up TONGUE IN CHEEK and then get back to me).

ps. I'm feeling saucy today!

So could we resort to, your mama jokes then

Tom
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 11:55 AM   #218
z06boy
Letzroll

Moto: 07 Red R1 & 07 Blue R6

Yeah I made a comment about SOME places in Europe serving beer at room temperature because THEY DO WITH A CERTAIN TYPE OF BEER and I got a lesson in beer that I wasn't even looking for and didn't need.

The fact that room temperature when it comes to beer is WARM to me...well another lesson that I didn't need was given as to the true definition of warm.

Yep that's the internet...like it or not.

Where's that remote ?
z06boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 11:58 AM   #219
CrazyKell
Vrooom

Moto: 06 ZX6R

"that remote" is in use right now. When I'm done with it can I borrow the shoe to hit myself on the head?
CrazyKell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 12:12 PM   #220
z06boy
Letzroll

Moto: 07 Red R1 & 07 Blue R6

Quote:
"that remote" is in use right now. When I'm done with it can I borrow the shoe to hit myself on the head?
Just for the record...if you're ever in the NC area near Charlotte...I'll buy your lunch/dinner and if the server is worth a crap I'll leave a decent tip.

I try not to take much serious on the net...that's one reason I almost never get into the political threads especially if Avatard and one or two others are there...which they usually are.
z06boy is offline   Reply With Quote