Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Street

Old 07-16-2010, 10:28 AM   #61
RedRider2k2
Holier Than Thou

Moto: 06 ZX10R, 18 400 Ninja, 11 KLX250s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
Is there a power commander? If I did that on mine it would backflip
No power commander. I had a peak in the airbox though and the flapper is gone. How was the performance before and after you got rid of yours?
RedRider2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 10:36 AM   #62
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

Flapper was only there for noise, it was much smoother after it came out. Htev still hooked up? Or did he spool it open? Is it a full system? Stock filter? Etc? He might have enough mods to need a pc and/or sold it without getting back down to a level the stock ecu couldn't handle
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 12:14 PM   #63
goof2
AMA Supersport

Clogged fuel filter? Clogged injectors? Bad gas? Water in the gas? It shouldn't be an air issue and I wouldn't think it is a spark issue either. Sitting for a year (assuming with gas in the tank) isn't ever ideal. If that gas had ethanol in it that is even worse. Did you drain the tank or are you trying to burn through the gas that was in it? Ethanol attracts water like a sponge and from what I understand gas with ethanol in it is more prone to break down over time. Drain the tank to get the old gas out of there (if you haven't already) and start with fresh gas.
goof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 12:59 PM   #64
RedRider2k2
Holier Than Thou

Quote:
Htev still hooked up?Is it a full system? Stock filter? Etc? He might have enough mods to need a pc and/or sold it without getting back down to a level the stock ecu couldn't handle
The HTEV is still hooked up and appears to be working. The micron is just a bolt on. I'm convinced it's running on 3 cylinders. I tried running it shortly on the old gas but I noticed it running like crap a few minutes into the ride. By the time I got it back home I think it fouled a plug. I drained the gas out and refilled it with supreme and a healthy dose of Sea Foam. My next step is to get some Sea Foam directly into the throttle bodies to see if I can clean out the combustion chambers and possibly the plug. If that doesn't work it's time to start stripping her down tomorrow.

Of all the stupid things I can think of, I kinda hope it's an injector wire that's come loose. At least that way, that cylinder is not getting washed down. I dont think it's a plugged injector because I just cant see one getting completely plugged while the other 3 still work so well.

At least it handles a lot better now with the new tires on (Even though they're Shinkos).
Old 07-16-2010, 03:09 PM   #65
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRider2k2 View Post
The HTEV is still hooked up and appears to be working. The micron is just a bolt on. I'm convinced it's running on 3 cylinders. I tried running it shortly on the old gas but I noticed it running like crap a few minutes into the ride. By the time I got it back home I think it fouled a plug. I drained the gas out and refilled it with supreme and a healthy dose of Sea Foam. My next step is to get some Sea Foam directly into the throttle bodies to see if I can clean out the combustion chambers and possibly the plug. If that doesn't work it's time to start stripping her down tomorrow.

Of all the stupid things I can think of, I kinda hope it's an injector wire that's come loose. At least that way, that cylinder is not getting washed down. I dont think it's a plugged injector because I just cant see one getting completely plugged while the other 3 still work so well.

At least it handles a lot better now with the new tires on (Even though they're Shinkos).
Come with the toolkit? Plug access is nigh on impossible without it
Old 07-16-2010, 05:10 PM   #66
Rangerscott
Viff6N Mutated Warrior

Moto: '01 Honda VFR 800 & '09 ER-6N

Keep your nose on the oil.
Rangerscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 12:20 AM   #67
RedRider2k2
Holier Than Thou

Quote:
Come with the toolkit? Plug access is nigh on impossible without it
Didn't get a Tool kit
I guess I'll have to get creative.

I dont think so anyway...The previous owner was going on about it being stored behind the "Fender"? (I'm sure he meant fairing?) I had the left one off already and didnt notice anything there. Why would there be a tool kit stored somewhere that requires tools to get to?
Old 07-17-2010, 12:22 AM   #68
RedRider2k2
Holier Than Thou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerscott View Post
Keep your nose on the oil.
I hear ya. By the look of it, I should be changing it anyway while I'm at it. All depends on if I can get a filter for it on Saturday. Damn dealer is only open for about 7 seconds on the weekend. (Yes I run OEM filters, sorry.)
Old 07-17-2010, 12:29 AM   #69
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRider2k2 View Post
Didn't get a Tool kit
I guess I'll have to get creative.

I dont think so anyway...The previous owner was going on about it being stored behind the "Fender"? (I'm sure he meant fairing?) I had the left one off already and didnt notice anything there. Why would there be a tool kit stored somewhere that requires tools to get to?
tool kit should be in a black bag in the trunk under a rubber strap. i think the 600rrs were the ones with the pop out fairing toolkit. i'll try to get a pic of the spark plug tool for you.
TWF Post whore #6
Old 07-17-2010, 12:31 AM   #70
RedRider2k2
Holier Than Thou

Quote:
tool kit should be in a black bag in the trunk under a rubber strap. i think the 600rrs were the ones with the pop out fairing toolkit. i'll try to get a pic of the spark plug tool for you.
That's what I figured. It's not there. I must say though, this bike has a lot of trunk space. Sucks that under-seat exhaust killed that.