Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 04-26-2011, 11:02 AM   #51
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpyonXero View Post
Its been proven time and time again that if you build a PC that matched what you get out of the box on a given Mac you will pay just as much and sometime even more. Not to mention the support and reliability you get with Apple.

http://www.businessweek.com/technolo...415_602968.htm

http://technologizer.com/2008/10/19/...ook-expensive/

there are hundreds more....
LOL... those articles are a fucking stretch... All those little upgrades and a whole bunch of shit 99% of users would never give a fuck about... adds up to almost as much as a Mac. I mean, giving an edge to the Mac for boasting a 1900 vs 1440 pixel advantage? Who the fuck runs their 17" screen at 1900 anyway?

Anti-virus and bundled software? I use free antivirus software and have NEVER had a virus issue... and I download copious amounts of bullshit. Bundles software? Who the fuck uses that shit anyway? I'd be willing to bet that 99% of people use less than 10% of their bundled software, no matter what they get.

Mac's certainly have their place in the market, but acting like they are really needed for anything is a huge stretch.
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 11:04 AM   #52
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Moto: '09 ER-6n

I either uninstall the bundled shit or do a complete reload, the moment that I set up a personal computer.

http://www.morallyambiguous.net/
Papa_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 11:10 AM   #53
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

I was about as anti Mac as you could get, now I have one. My tune has changed completely. I throughly enjoy mine and am not bothered by what I paid for it. I didn't pay retail though. I got a pretty good bit off and did a lot of the expensive upgrades for cheap. Like Rom, I went as cheap as possible and threw an additional 8gigs in it for under $100. Mine's a desktop and I don't go around saying "EVERYONE NEEDS TO BUY MAC!" So there is no image I am putting out there because no one see's my Mac and I don't have any apple gear to show how awesome Apple is. I don't own an iphone or ipod, so I don't even have those to show that image. I don't give a damn what you own or what you want, get whatever YOU want, but I enjoy my Mac and none of your arguments will change that.

Laptop wise, there isn't a PC company out there that I would care to buy from and building your own is just not a valid option if you want something well designed and sleak.

Last edited by Trip; 04-26-2011 at 11:14 AM..
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 11:16 AM   #54
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Or lightweight.
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 11:22 AM   #55
Porkchop
125GP Champion

Moto: Empty Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
I was about as anti Mac as you could get, now I have one. My tune has changed completely. I throughly enjoy mine and am not bothered by what I paid for it. I didn't pay retail though. I got a pretty good bit off and did a lot of the expensive upgrades for cheap. Like Rom, I went as cheap as possible and threw an additional 8gigs in it for under $100.

Laptop wise, there isn't a PC company out there that I would care to buy from and building your own is just not a valid option if you want something well designed and sleak.
The ONLY PC company I now trust and would buy from is Sony. I bought a second hand VGN-CR408E that looked like it was never used. It runs better, and is much better made than laptops from 3 different companies that have crapped out on me. Now saying that, before I found this Vaio, I was about to pull the trigger on a Macbook with my student discount. I just didn't want to drop a grand when I could get the Sony for half of that.
1999 Yamaha R6 - Sold
Porkchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 11:26 AM   #56
Crotch Rocket Curmudgeon

Moto: Li'l red baby Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmike View Post
Serious business people don't deal in media unless that is their business.
People who lay bricks, and clean pools probably don't need a Mac (unless they just want a quiet, reliable computer).
Old 04-26-2011, 11:28 AM   #57
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkchop View Post
The ONLY PC company I now trust and would buy from is Sony. I bought a second hand VGN-CR408E that looked like it was never used. It runs better, and is much better made than laptops from 3 different companies that have crapped out on me. Now saying that, before I found this Vaio, I was about to pull the trigger on a Macbook with my student discount. I just didn't want to drop a grand when I could get the Sony for half of that.
My wife got a macbook pro because I got tired of fixing her PC. Shit was always fun of crap she loaded or fucked up on the net. I told her if she got another PC, I wasn't doing shit to it. She got the mac and now the only questions I get are valid ones that are more difficult or the occassional PC to Mac shortcut conversion. The mac is just plain easy to use. They really do design them for stupid people. That works out great for smart people because it means they spend a lot less time dicking around with stupid shit windows make you do in 50 steps to complete instead of 10 on the Mac.
Old 04-26-2011, 11:30 AM   #58
Crotch Rocket Curmudgeon

Moto: Li'l red baby Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
I was about as anti Mac as you could get...
I worked as a PC consultant for years. I built I don't know how many fucking PCs myself, and installed entire networks of them.

I was probably doing this while most of the dipshits now telling me I don't know what the fuck I'm talking about were probably still in school learning what a fucking PC was.

Buy whatever you want, people. Us old farts don't know shit, I promise you
Old 04-26-2011, 11:31 AM   #59
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

And they don't take an hour to shut down or boot up. Now, 7 improved that a lot, but still.
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 11:33 AM   #60
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
And they don't take an hour to shut down or boot up. Now, 7 improved that a lot, but still.
My work laptop is so loaded with stupid shit it literally takes it 45 mins to boot up to a usable condition some days. I totally just fuck off the entire time too cause I can't do a damn thing til it's booted.