Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-29-2008, 08:05 PM   #11
PiZdETS
⎷⎛⎝ ⎝⏠⏝⏠⎠ ⎷⎛⎝

Moto: ⎷⎛⎝ ⎝⏠⏝⏠⎠ ⎷⎛⎝

Quote:
Originally Posted by itgirl View Post
thanks for being so helpful, piz!! i actually am trying to load my mini SD card. i removed it from the player and put it in the adapter in my printer. i made sure the adapter wasn't locked. i recently upgraded to a 2 MB card from a 512, so i copied my music library onto this card. all but a dozen songs or so loaded. now i am getting this message. i checked the capacity and i have at least 1 MB of space left on this card, if not a bit more.

my computer no longer recognizes my mp3 player when i plug it in, so i can't access my root folder. i have been saving solely to the SD card now. i also had my USB ports go down. how do you clean them? and i have looked online for the hardware for my mp3 player, but couldn't find it. how do i clean that out as well.

i am illiterate when it comes to this stuff, so i am scared to death to try anything for fear of screwing everything up. at least it works half-assed for now. i just don't get why my copies won't transfer. there was no trouble downloading them. you'd think they'd move right over, but they're not.
no prob. I'm guessing you mean it's a 2 gig card and it's stating that you have at least 1 mb left, correct? If so that's not very much, most songs are 3-5 mb. If possible, right click on your music folder on your computer and hit properties, see how big it is. It'll give it to you in kb so it'll be at least 8 digits. Tell me what it is, wouldnt be surprised if it's just barely over 2 gig which is why it wont let you put the last few songs on.

edit; if you meant you have over a gig left on the card then you're nowhere near the limit and I would probably look into the connection. The more shit data has to filter through, the more ways it can have problems so I'm suspicious of the printer adapter.
I'd give that program NTS mentioned a try, my buddy uses it and it lets you connect your mp3 player directly into the comp and send your files without drivers for every type of player.
I'll see what I can find on SD mp3 firmware but I wouldn't recommend getting into that right away. When you change the firmware on an mp3 player it almost always has to wipe the memory so you lose all your songs.

Last edited by PiZdETS; 06-29-2008 at 08:10 PM..
PiZdETS is offline   Reply With Quote