Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-12-2008, 07:15 AM   #1
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Default Man Down

Got the dreaded call yesterday while at the construction site. Bout 9am I am settled in and getting ready to score a nap since I had a lot to do in the afternoon. ( had to do respiratory fit tests and check lead levels on a bunch of guys.) Call comes in theres a man down in the pit and they sound kinda frantic. I am putting on my rain gear and getting the med packs when one of the safety guys meets me and is ready to go.

We comandeer a truck and get down to where the guy is, kinda. Iha dto walk down a stair tower with 2 big packs in the rain ( just glad i didnt fall) At this point I found out he had a seizure, so i was very concerned since I didnt have any details other than that.

So I get to the guy hes conscious but very disoriented. The workers tell me he was walking, then kinda fell and started shaking for about a minute, that stopped and he was then snoring for another minute or 2 when they "woke him up"

So I check his vitals put him on supplimental o2 and tell the safety guy to call 911 for transport. Of course it cant all be that easy.

He starts having another seizure so I get venous access (how I did that on a seizing patient in the rain I will never know) and push ativan, at this point I am very anxious because thats all i got. it breaks the seizure and we transport him to the medical office/trailer so i can do a secondary assesment when EMS shows up. I give them the story and they take the pt and transport him to the hospital.

No word on how hes doing yet but was quite the exciting day and was very cool that things went as well as they did and we all worked together to help the guy.

Apparently word travels fast, I am up at another site further north and it was the big buzz up here too.

I need to discuss this with my supervisor too, they told me they want to pay me to be bored and do nothing and that def wasnt the case yesterday

Tom
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote