Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-04-2009, 03:48 PM   #30
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smittie61984 View Post
Highschool coaches have probably ruined so many lives that it's not even calculable.
no shit... my Junior year I gave up baseball... and at the litterally begging of our track coach... tried Tripple, Long, and High jumps... I was naturally decent at them... but needed to work on form... but I enjoyed them so I went for it...

my vertical leap at the end of basketball season (usually the worst time to test it as your muscles are broken down over the entire season... you'll get much better results waiting a month) was 39" very decent for my 6'3" height... enough to stand, jump and touch the top of the box ( the little white box on the back board) with both hands...

after 3 weeks of his "special jumpers workout" that he developed in college... my vert was 33" and I had shin splints, built up fluid in my knees, a some ligament damage in my knees... I stopped his work out took two weeks of 0 work outs... (rode bike and swam though to keep in shape) and 3 weeks later, after my own regimen of workouts... was back to my 39" vert... and placing much better in the meets...

fucking coach wanted to cut me cause I wouldn't do his workouts...
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote