Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-30-2009, 04:27 AM   #1
rogue
Wanting to Go Back!!!!

Moto: A Twin
Default I've Met So Many Biks Since Then!

When I add people to my contact list in my phone, I always make some sort of note in the name in attempt to help me remember who they are according to how we met or what bike they ride. For examples: Jay-naked blue SV, Jason-work, or Eric-CF (and yes, I use screen names ). Typically those who have a bike in their name are those I've met while out & about. I never meet a stranger. I've been known to chase down other riders on occassion and walk up to other riders, introduce myself, and start talking bikes wherever I am. Sometimes phone numbers are exchanged. Most oftentimes not. I'm picky about who gets my number as I can usually tell if they're someone I'd ride with while talking to them. And even as friendly as I am, some just give off this weird vibe & I quickly end the conversation & go about my way. I don't need a stalker

My note taking failed me tonight. I got a text a little while ago from a guy who's name was tagged with a bike. I haven't talked to him in months, so I didn't recognize who it was much less the bike.

He apologized for not having contacted me sooner, gave a plausible excuse (terminally ill parent who died, which I can understand having recently going through it myself). He said he remembered I worked nights, hence the late text & wanted to know if I was still riding my SV. I'm sitting here wracking my brain over who the hell this could be & hesitated to answer. Apparently my first impression was good enough to give him my number, but for the life of me I couldn't place him. Before I had a chance to respond, he shot me another text asking if I remembered him & telling me what street bike he rides. So I shot one back to him, "I'm really sorry, I don't remember. I've met other bikes since then!" It was after I sent the text I realized how it could have sounded. It didn't deter him as he texted back exactly where we met & that his buddy was with him & what he was riding. I remembered his friend's bike (it was prettier ) so at least it jogged my memory enough to have a decent text converation with him. I also remembered we had texted a bit & once tried to get together to ride before, but it never happened. I never heard from him again so I pretty much wrote him off. That was about 6 months ago.

Anyway we texted for a little while & we're meeting up to go riding tomorrow. He also has dirt bikes & maybe on another day we'll go do some trail riding. I haven't ridden dirt in over a year because mine died & needs a rebuild. He said he had plenty of dirt bikes & I could take my pick. It sounds damn tempting but I'm not going to go off riding with a virtual stranger on some secluded trails. Besides, he hurt my height-pride when he said he had one that was "just my size" -- a CRF 150. WTF? I've ridden a KX125 at track, although not very well...I do better on trails...and my SV is bigger than the CRF! Bah!

Anyway, I'm going riding tomorow with a new person. I hope my first impression of his riding style is right & he doesn't ride too squidly. I remember he was wearing good gear, which is not normal here. Hopefully I have found a new riding friend.

Edit to correct: he said the xr50 was my size but I could try to the CRF.....Grrr.....

My knee pads may be Air-Ride and chrome plated but I have standards as to who I use them on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonpaco
so you're just a cougar who doesnt hunt.....a domesticated cougar
Myspace

Last edited by rogue; 01-30-2009 at 04:43 AM..
rogue is offline   Reply With Quote