Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-22-2009, 05:20 PM   #10
Flexin
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amblyopic View Post
Oh? then what about the Apple=Winz comment? Double standard, clearly.

I think a lot of it is due to trends..... I don't know about ya'll but when I was going thru school all I used were Mac's until high school... Mac's have really gotten a lot of support in home computers w/ the emergence of the iPod and then later the iPhone, it increased their market share and public visibility.

I wouldn't say people buy Mac's because they're too lazy to build their own. I build my own because I know what *I* want to put in it and it's cheaper than buying a prebundled higher-end package from say Dell or HP. I also personally enjoy it.

Sides, most people now-a-days just use their PC's to connect to the net and browse the web. If you find a graphics or video person, they will tend to have a Mac (they process the information faster, simply put). Gamers and more "power users" you'll find on PC's because they are just more well known, there's more software applications available in general.

So what would you say I am? a "PC Fan Boy" because I posted the Penny Arcade strip? Nah, I'd say I'm more of a realist, everything has it's own application.

Precisely.
I have a friend that is a photographer and he uses a mac. From anything I have read is if you want high end photo or video work you want a Mac over a pic. From there you go to $$$$$ rigs.

I have always heard that Macs have better color for photo editing as well.

A buddy of mine bought a Mac at least 5 years ago I think because he was getting tired of problems with his pc and he knew a guy that was telling him to get a mac. I'm pretty sure he ran in problems a year or so later. I can't remember right now.

My cousin has a Mac laptop and he uses it with his DJ rig. But for some reason I think he won it.

When I worked at Costco we got in one of those blue and clear I macs or what ever they were. I set up the system when they came in and I played around with it. I just couldn't get into it. Those systems had that single button mouse that drove me crazy.

When I went to get this laptop last year the price stopped me from even glancing at the Imac.

I'm not saying they are bad computers but they are not for everyone.

James
James
"Round two, I'm down to Do, what it takes to make you
Understand I'm the Candyman And I melt in your mouth, not in your hands Hard as rock, yes I'm no sucka The boots I knock make me one bad mutha"
Flexin is offline   Reply With Quote