Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-23-2009, 06:43 AM   #9
Phenix_Rider
WERA White Plate

Moto: Ninja 650R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue View Post
I'm really glad everyone came out basically unscathed. The bikes seem to have little damage and can be fixed alot cheaper than the human body most times.

This reminds me of my first lowside. I went into a turn at a relative slow speed and hit a bad ripple in the road. My rear tire felt like it cut loose from the pavement and I panicked mid turn. I let off the throttle about the same time my mind said "when it doubt, gas it" and hit the throttle again, but I was already going down. I pushed off the bike (I don't go down with the ship! I have a fear of being trapped by the bike! ) and she slid a few feet off the road and into the grass and left me sitting almost in the middle of the road. Some rash on the side, a broken shifter peg, and newfound knowledge of what not to do came out of it.
Sounds exactly like mine. I got lucky and only smashed plastic and bent my brake levers. You just have to shake your head and say "Dumbass, shouldn't have done that." Of course, my whole body was shaking