Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-10-2009, 10:56 PM   #1
Yamerhaw
Country Boy

Moto: 07 R1
Default What's been your favorite job?

going off racerx's job thread, what's been your favorite job?

mine was driving these! man that was a fun job, worked for a company building landfills, just drove these around all day moving dirt, and made good money, would still be working there but the company went under

before anybody ask, yes you can drift these in the mud, but is a little different because the front wheels dont turn them, they articulate between the cab and the bed, which also means you can flip the bed over and the cab stay upright, or vice versa, but if you flipped one(happened a lot) they would just flip you back upright with a trackhoe and back to work..

a lot of times, we would have to back up such a steep incline that bulldozers would have to push the truck up, when you are dumping a load on an incline that steep, it was easy for the bed to flip, since a lot of times it was on unpacked dirt

My boss loved me, said i was probably the best driver they had ever had..and i did do pretty good, they would make me do the tricky stuff, like backing up a 1/8 mile little path with only inches on either side of the truck and BIG drop offs on both sides

started my truck up one morning and the boss pulled me out of it(was the biggest piece of shit truck we had and nobody would hardly drive it) said another guy was gonna take that truck, and for me to help him out for a while, well about an hour later i see it coming down the road...a brand new John Deere dump truck, he said there's your truck and nobody else is allowed to drive it.... hour later i was on a soft steep incline, raised the bed to dump a load, watching in my mirrors, i see the bed falling over, tried to lower it , but was too late, well the weight of the bed falling over the bank was enough to pull the whole truck off the embankment, took about an hour to get it out with trackhoes, no damage though

anyway, i miss that job

here's a pic of the kind of truck i drove, but mine was a lot bigger than this one
Attached Images
File Type: jpg articulated-dump-truck-44559.jpg (88.8 KB, 90 views)

It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.

Last edited by Yamerhaw; 03-10-2009 at 10:58 PM..
Yamerhaw is offline   Reply With Quote