Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-10-2009, 11:47 PM   #23
Cutty72
Ride Naked.

Moto: 08 BUELL 1125R, 05 SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixxxxer View Post
This is my Shed...The garage is Next...Lol

The ATV Ramp websites all say dont use an ATV Ramp for a motorycycle, But I dont see the issue???
2 probs can be had with using an ATV ramp for a motorcycle, neither is much of a problem if you have half a brain.

1. The spacing of the bars is such that the tires fall inbetween the bars some. Makes for a lot of up and down, but not too bad.

2. Bi-fold ramps can sometimes fold up somewhat while rolling the bike up them, Tri-fold ramps generally do not have a "ramp" are in the center, so you are off center loading, and don't have a place to put your feet on one side.

Personally, for the shed, get a bi-fold and you will be fine... the one you posted is far longer than you really need for a shed... hell, I'd use that to load a bike in my pickup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkchop View Post
Rogue.... that second ramp looks way too sketchy..... I would not ride my bike up or down that thing....
I used a ramp just like that many times to load my bike in my pickup. Only probs are as I listed above, It can fold up on you, and it was a bit short for how high my pickup is, so I needed a bit of a hill to load on without hitting the exhause on the tailgate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
Again... Cutty you are one smart man!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chi View Post
If I have to get help to get it back up, I dont need to be riding it.

3662 Supply NCO

Cutty72 is offline   Reply With Quote