Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-14-2009, 02:25 PM   #21
Smittie61984
I give Squids a bad name

Moto: 1996 CBR600 F3 (AKA the Flying Turd)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericr View Post
I was telling her the same thing last night. She'll want more after the first run And going through on a Monday is sweet. My first trip up there was a Monday and I only made one pass through, then on to the Cherohala, but I rode from the overlook to the gas station without catching up to anyone and didn't have anyone catch up to me. I got to ride my own pace all the way through without distraction.
My very first time was Superbowl weekend of last year. I saw maybe a total of 12 motorcycles and a few sports cars. When I got on the Cherohala on the morning I didn't see a single car until one of the obsevation points near TP.

Best part was I saw 2 THP the whole time while I was up there. I rolled by them doing 60-70 just past Foothills Pkwy. I think they were headed to a small wreck there by 72 from a Honda Accord (Stock) that went off the road. I don't think they were driving that aggresive, just the tire dipped off and they over corrected. Everyone was fine.

Only bad part is it rained on me from the Store all the way to my home east of Atlanta with me having no rain gear.