Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Street

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-21-2009, 10:26 AM   #10
Racerboy
The Other White Meat

Moto: 1997 Cadillac Seville SLS

#1, 1993, 10 years into being a rider, low sided in gravel at about 30 mph because I dropped a pack of cigarettes. Broken throttle wrist, some how so amp'd up I was able to get the bike going and ride it home before going to the hospital. Time to quit smoking.

#2, Oct 20th, 2000, Head On Collision, 50 mph, car going about 15 mph. 5 major separations of the pelvis, right leg sent through hip socket 4", left foot 4 bones broken, left ankle broken, Elbow detached and left hand sent backwards underneath Triceps, Radial head destroyed, Radius shattered, plate and 4 screws installed, Was in Pelvic Halo for 104 days, have two 9" rods side-to-side in rear of pelvis, 4 permanent screws in the front, 6 months in hospital and 6 more in and out of rehab centers. What did I learn? No riding in the left lane, center only for about a year after I started riding again. Took me another year to go by the accident site with out flinching.

#3 April 15, 2003. Rear ended a car who's driver decided to turn right from the middle lane...(I was in the right lane)....Stayed on the bike as it did a complete barrel roll after impact. Double break of Left Clavicle, Left Elbow re-broken, both wrists compression fractured, 6 left side ribs, right thumb broken from joint-to-joint requiring pins to reconnect, re-broke left ankle, 6 hours in hospital, 9 weeks recovery. Learned to watch for Haitian women as most in South FL are not licensed or insured. Make sure personal insurance is high so when you sue you own insurance co. for payment, its enough.

#4 Memorial Day 2006. I was rear ended while practicing at Moroso Motorsports Park by a fellow rider in my same class. Broken: Right Scapula (top to bottom) left middle finger, 6 ribs on right side, left ankle again. 5 days in trauma center, 9 weeks before going back to work. Learned NOT to talk to the points leader in the class before race about how close I was to catching him for the championship....since he is the one who crashed into me.

www.CheckeredFlagOils.com
954-975-BIKE (2453)
623-850-1OIL (1645)

Last edited by Racerboy; 03-21-2009 at 10:37 AM..
Racerboy is offline   Reply With Quote