flames 0 0%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-20-2009, 01:01 PM   #24
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
good shit. Due to filthy theives in the area mine almost never gets parked outside for more than thirty minutes or so. Hey tiggs, did your kit come with heat shielding? Did you add any? Any melty issues?
Nah, my dumbass didn't put the shielding on at all because I got all happy about installing it. Then I tried to put it on after the fact and didn't prep the areas very well... anyway, my fairings don't have any shield on them, so it has warped a little bit but nothing that bad. Hey, a little story for you. When I bought my 2000 Busa, I had the Yosh 4 into 1 exhaust installed. A few days later, I'm stuck in traffic on my way to work and I start smelling something strange... My plastic was on fire! That's my problem with the cry babies that say the Chinese plastic melts... so does the fucking OEM stuff if it's not shielded or if you incorrectly installed your exhaust.

I've read all the complaints about this stuff and I know that a lot of them boil down to dumb asses not installing things correctly. I had a hell of a time installing OEM body panels on my 'Busa, what a pain in the ass!!! Most of these guys and indeed most guys in general have never had ALL of their fairing off and re-installed them. I've seen the windshield of a 05 GSXR1000 bring a veteran auto mechanic almost to his knees! People get out there not knowing what they are doing. When they have problems it must be the part's fault.

My biggest problem with this stuff was that it didn't always use the same fasteners that the oem stuff does, so I had to make a trip to Lowes.

Oh hey, I am going to pm you, I'm getting another kit and I may be able to get you a better deal.
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote