Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Street

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-30-2009, 12:04 AM   #20
ericr
I'm so much cooler online

Moto: 06 FZ1

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chi View Post
Mmmmm I saw one of those the other day, big bitch, but sposed to be light and great to ride...
Light is relative with those Chi They are super easy to ride and balance even at low speed but it's not a light bike if it starts tipping with ya! It is a sweet ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chi View Post
No way, now how. I prefer not to lower anything Im riding. Im not saying I couldnt ride the Versys, I could without a problem, it just wouldnt be preferred. Not as comfortable as I'd like TBH.
You could just get a 650R, basically the same bike though it is the "sport" look and a lower seat hight. They're fun, and they really are light, and nimble.

It's funny reading through this thread. I'm bored with my cruiser because I have pushed mine to it's limits, with suspension upgrades, raised forwards etc to gain all the ground clearance I could. I found myself running a road with lots of fast sweepers a couple summers ago at the absolute limit of the bike, dragging everything up to the hard points and realized I had no room for error at that point. I was looking under a Suburban going past in a right hander and when I got to the end of the road it hit me I was running stupid fast especially on my VTX. Now I want an FZ1 so I'll have a comfortable riding postion with as much sport handling as I'll need and a big enough bike for long rides. I'll miss the comfort of my VTX but I want something sporty again!!

Eric: ibu what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue View Post
but I'm perfectly placed when I'm on my knees . . . .
ericr is offline   Reply With Quote