Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-21-2009, 10:10 AM   #19
shmike
Follower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smittie61984 View Post
My neighborhood doesn't have a HOA. It works pretty well. Everyone mows their grass, keeps bushes trimmed, and people voluntarily maintain the nighborhood entrance sign. No need for a HOA we just do it. Spontaneous organization FTW!!!

Plus no one gets pissy if a dog is running around without a leash, or upset with the kid who made a little ATV trail next to his house, nor do people get upset when the street is slammed full of cars from someone having a party.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmblebee View Post
We have a small HOA and it leaves people alone, unless you are messing up. The Association has a board, which is usually the people who do most of the work and a president, who is the guy with the tractor and does the most work...we live on a dirt road. Our dues are about 10 bucks a month plus 10 gallons of diesel per year per member for the tractor. We did have a special assessment in February of 20 bucks per "lot" to buy a new tire for the tractor...

We meet once a quarter, usually a "work day" and set up in a different yard and have the grill and tables set up under the pop ups and make a social event out of it. Of course, no member has any problem telling another member about any issues, and No money can be spent without a 2/3 vote of the total membership. It works for us
These are what I consider a great neighborhood.

People know their neighbor.
They keep their shit in order because that's what people do not because the HONazi's tell them to.
If there is a problem, neighbors discuss it over a beer, not an attorney's desk.

I wish neighborhoods like this weren't so rare anymore.
shmike is offline   Reply With Quote