Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Street

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-29-2009, 06:26 PM   #10
Phenix_Rider
WERA White Plate

Moto: Ninja 650R

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogue View Post
So the p-twin is similar in it's power delivery as a v-twin? The sound too?

I love the power delivery and sound of my SV.....
It's smoother with less "rattle." That was one of the things that turned me off the SV and air cooled Buells. Stock suspension is better than the SV too :nee
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogue View Post
Thanks for the input!

I wish they'd release one of the earlier color schemes they had for the bike in the UK in the US. It's pure sex!
Just wait if you don't want to paint it. Kawi likes to cover all the color bases in about a three year rotation. Or you could try to trade plastics/ tank over a bike-specific forum.. Plenty of kids with the '06 two-tone 650R swapped lowers to match.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zed View Post
a PC and can wake the 650R up, would think that it would do the same for this one
Most of the aftermarket exhausts look and sound like shit. They just make it louder and lose the thump- and then it really sounds like a lawnmower. JMNSHO of course. The only one I care for is the Laser Extreme, but dropping $600 on an exhaust sucks. I'll just be greedy with the sound of mine and not draw cops.

You sat on my 650R Rogue- that's with aftermarket lower bars. They really changed the riding position for the better for me. No more elbows at the ears. The stockers made the riding position cramped for me, but it's really upright and an easy reach for shorter riders. The ER6N sits the same as the stock 650R. For a while they had photos of a girl on the Ninja on Kawi's site.