Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-16-2009, 02:18 PM   #14
the chi
Forum Coach

Moto: 2006 GSXR 600

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
Again, I DID get a receipt. It's a carbon copy of the cashiers check. I took both that and the check itself to the desk, told them I decided not to use it, and that they should put the funds back into my account. The teller took it and tore it up right in front of me. At the time I was too stupid to realize this was a problem. I thought she was doing something in her computer to credit the funds back into my acct. I was wrong.

BTW, if I log into my acct, all it shows is the deduction of $800 from my acct on such and such date. There is NO check number listed for it, like there normally is. Even the branch says they can't pull up the check number, and that only HQ can do that. So they're telling me to fill out paperwork to have the HQ do some sort of "investigation"
No silly. A receipt for the deposit. No receipt, no deposit. You dont really think they can just throw it on back in your account without paperwork do you??

As for a w/d having a number, on your end it wont, probably shows up as cashed debit or something right? It wasnt a check, it was a bank withdrawal slip, thus no check number. On THEIR end, they can track through the tellers records the transaction she ran for both your W/D AND your MO.

As for them requesting you fill out the form, its quite possible if they are on an electronic system they cant pull the records. Fill out the form as they request and they can use the date and time info from your withdrawal to see where they gave you the MO. THEN, they can track it through their system, find the MO number issued in conjunction with that $800 withdrawal, as they all have a number, and then check to see if its cleared. Some banks make you wait a certain amount of time to make sure the item hasnt cleared (sometimes 30 days) but usually they can get it all taken care of for you within 14-30 days. Stop pay on the MO, and a refund back to you.

PITA all around for all parties, but its not impossible and they should be trying to help you. Thats why BOA sucks, they forget they are there for YOU.
and let it be known that what The Chi hath spoketh, will henceforth be done.
the chi is offline   Reply With Quote