Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-10-2009, 12:15 PM   #6
azoomm
moderator chick

Moto: Pasta Rockets

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
LCD ftw! Plasma will be phased out in the next few years as tv tech goes to led based lcds. Now it seems that you don't care about all of that so .

I agree that plasma WAS better for fast paced action BEFORE the advent of 120/240 hz lcds and led tvs. Those days are all but over. When a clerk steers you towards a plasma vs a lcd it's to hit a price point. Btw plasma is more susceptible to video game "burn in" than lcd... Everyone has their own opinion but the bottom line is that lcds give a much better/clearer picture and use far less energy and tend to last longer than plasma. In fact, I believe that lcd uses about half the energy as plasma and the new led tvs use about 40% less energy than lcd. So the $200 you save now will be given to the electric company in stead over the next couple years. Also, anyone that buys a tv only considering today's tech is making a mistake and they have obviously never seen 1080p. I'd rather watch the most boring program in the world in 1080p than the best, most action packed show in normal broadcast 480i. Oh and make sure your new tv has a digital/hd tuner, it will eliminate any need for a cable box, unless you have sat tv, then never mind. FWIW if you don't mind a little motion blur on occasion, you can buy a lcd VERY cheap in the 60 hz range. I've seen sales with 46'' tvs for under $1,000.
I don't know what hz is....

I have cable - and not planning on using a box on this TV. It will be wall mounted without DVD, or box. It is back-to-back with a closet, so if I want to add that in the future it will be added through the wall.

LCD
1080p
240hz

Just found one for less than $1000... you're saying buy that NOW for the deal I'd be getting?? The guy told me it was a killer deal - I don't know one TV from another.

Come Play at the Track!!

http://www.elitetrackdays.com
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote