Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-08-2009, 08:17 AM   #5
CasterTroy

Quote:
Originally Posted by askmrjesus View Post
Hey Troy, Sorry to hear about your friend. I wish I could say I can't imagine how you feel right now, but unfortunately, I can.

We all know, deep down, that motorcycles are inherently dangerous pieces of machinery. Hell, I expect that's why many of us ride them. We tell ourselves, (and our spouses) that we'll be OK. We have all the training, all the gear, and the experience, but in the end, we know it could all go wrong in an instant. It's the nature of the beast. Always was, always will be.

My advice, hang up your helmet for awhile. You have too much bad shit floating around your head right now, and it's going to take a while before you have the kind of confidence it takes to ride like you want to. I don't think anyone would blame you for wanting to trade the bike in for a car, but you already know it won't be the same thing. How could it be?

If you decide the risks aren't worth the reward, move on to something new. If you decide to jump back on, I can tell you from experience that it does get better, and that eventually it will be fun again. It won't ever be quite the same, but, well, that's just how it is.

Take care man.

JC

Damn dude....you brought a tear to my eye! That was awesome and I appreciate that more than you'll ever know

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericr View Post

The real question for me and the way I look at it is...do I want to live until I die or live in a bubble and start dying slowly now because I'm scared it's going to happen? Well, it's inevitable, it's gonna happen and I'd rather live until then. I feel most alive on a bike, wether I'm pushing it or just cruising along, but that's the most alive feeling for me with some adrinelin thrown in once and a while.

EXACTLY

No, I don't take stupid chances...and I'm very careful looking out for other idiots. So IF anything were to happen on 2 wheels, it would be a freak accident or a careless action of another (pulling out in front of me...etc) and NOT how Brian died.....a wheelie between curves on a "deals gap" road

But...you're right! 100%