Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > 2008 Blog Contest

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-02-2008, 04:09 AM   #1
Gas Man
Trip's Assistant

Moto: 2009 HD Street Classic
Cool Phoenix Flies

Ok.. I'll go...

As previously described on the old board I completely rebuilt my chop this last winter.

Then it took its first run

Then I got my newly chromed headlight mount from the UPS man... but damn... a little over packing by Browns!!!

To show the pure size of it all.. used one of the wife's coffee cups

I mean...COME ON... and I paid for that shipping... over kill if you ask me!

Pulled the tank again...

Did the now standard issue di-electric grease and shrink wrap.

Mounted the light, and put the tank back on.

MONEY!!

Bled the brakes once more... took it outside, adjusted the headlight and tightened it up!!

Back inside... ready for some real miles... BAM!!

Yesterday the weather broke... took it out for its first shake down run... Opened the garage door... whoom the whole bike fogs over... I hate this shit.

But with my make shift speedo plug

The speedo didn't fog over like it use to.

Took it out for a short 35mile spin. Could feel the top motor mount getting loose... it started to vibrate more... but the bike is running better than ever before. I'm not sure if its one thing or the combination of the pipes, ignition, doherty, desperato cover, or what... but it pulled AWESOME!!

So came home... parked it.. so it could cool down... went out later and checked it over...

Sure enough, the top motor mount bolts were loose, the lisense plate bolt that goes thru the swingarm to the plate assembly, and one exhaust heat shield bolt. But what I found strange loose was 2 oil lines. Must have been falsely tight with the pipe dope. Tightened everything up...

Now I did also find that my ignition key is cutting out a bit... never had a problem with it while riding but when I was screwing it when I got to tighten it up on the coil mount... it cut out. Then it will cut out one min and not the next. Going to have to pull the tank and check the wires... maybe they're getting pulled? Worse case... replace the key.

But then after going over the bike I cleaned it up and polished the stainless steel tips...

Left tip..done right one not

Both of them done.... moocho better

Guess that will do it for now... got to check the key Wed and then get back on to put on some miles...

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
Run Amsoil Product