Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-24-2009, 07:29 AM   #1
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Moto: '09 ER-6n
Default Work frustrations

OK, so how many of you have issues with getting your jobs done, because some fucknut in the chain doesn't do his job? Rant away.

In my case, I receive work orders that are generated by our help desk. The people who work there, despite having a script that was prepared by one of my co-workers detailing all the requisite information needed to get the job done, continually fail to get even the most basic of information.

This morning, for instance, I received a work order for "The Student." No contact number, name, etc.. So which of the 40,000+ students should I assume this work is to be done for? They're constantly sending me to not just the wrong room, but the wrong BUILDING, because they're too lazy or stupid to confirm contact information. Given that they also don't bother to get a phone number half the time, that makes it pretty fun to figure out where people are.

Oh, and I also frequently end up going on site for issues that could have been handled over the phone, by helpdesk staff, in less time than it took to issue the work order in the first place. Nothing like making a client wait hours or days, when they could have something that works now.

http://www.morallyambiguous.net/
Papa_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote