Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-18-2009, 11:09 AM   #11
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Moto: '09 ER-6n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaneman View Post
I never said it did. Tips are completely performance based. Do a crappy job get a crappy tip...do a really crappy job and get no tip. Do an exceptional job that really improves a customer's night and get 20% +.

My argument is that it is a great system that allows for quality servers who strive to do a good job and earn their money. When I'm throwing $40 + down for a meal for my wife and I the service is almost as important as the food, it needs to be stellar and I'm happy to tip well when it is.

When the service is bad it puts a real damper on everything else. If, as some are suggesting, we were to do away with the tip system and make servers salaried employees the level of service would go way down to the point that people (like myself) would just stop going out to eat.

Its not about, "Well if you don't like not getting tipped get a different job", that's complete bullshit. The world needs servers and the task they perform. Going out to eat, for me, is something to look forward to, something that brings joy and something fun...and that's not something to be pissed away because some people are too cheap to leave a tip because, "they don't agree with the system."

You would pay MORE for your meal after all was said and done without the tip system. At least this way someone is striving to really earn that cash. And if they don't....well they don't get it. Performance based systems are beautiful.
Perhaps that's what you're trying to say, but a lot of people seem to be coming down on a couple of us because we believe that there is nothing wrong with leaving no tip, if the service doesn't warrant it. What you have just said in this latest response supports my opinion that leaving no tip is a valid response to bad, or completely lacking service.

http://www.morallyambiguous.net/

Last edited by Papa_Complex; 11-18-2009 at 11:11 AM..
Papa_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote