Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > In the Garage or Shop > Mechanical or Tech

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-30-2009, 08:52 AM   #1
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Default Electrical question

Well my futura shit the bed on me and stranded me at the hospital.

LMK what you guys think it could be. Was riding to work alst night. Was in the high 40's low 50's and no precip. I rode about 25 miles and all was fine. I was comming up to a light and it turned yellow so I gunned it ot make the light. Dont think I hit the limiter or anything. I then notice my dash lights are dim/flickering (apparently the futuras have dashboard problems bout I had been fine up to now) so I make it the last few blocks to work and alls fine.

At 4am I go outside and turn the key and the dash lights up fine so I figure cool alls well. I leave work to head to the other job and the damn thing wont turn over. I have a freind jump staret it and it fires up so I figure alls good again. I make it 3 blocks and see the dash acting up again, I figure ok whatever I will deal with it tonight. Well so much for that I go 2 more blocks and the bike sputters and dies.

So now I dont know whats going on, since the dash lights up I know that works and it mus tbe something going to the dash thats the problem. So far I checked the fuses and they were fine. I cant start pulling anything else apart untill tonight or tomorrow when I ge tthe bike home.

I am a moron with electronics so if anyone has any insight please let me know.

Tom
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote