Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-30-2009, 12:54 PM   #11
azoomm
moderator chick

Moto: Pasta Rockets

Quote:
Originally Posted by zlicius View Post
They are VERY good parents. They also drug test her. Keeps them honest. For example, if you know your mom will do random drug/cig tests, it's easy to "just say no" since you can say "my mom piss tests me, sorry, i'll pass". just like "my mom sets the alarm at night, can't sneak out I'll get busted, sorry, I'll pass".
Since "my" parenting style was brought into this... I'll have to say it never occurred to me to alarm lock the kids into the house. Random drug tests weren't ever on my list either.

What would I do? I would let it go. Lock the doors and windows like you normally would to keep the ugly OUT. It's a question of WHY she's sneaking out. What are her plans, exactly? When she does sneak out - just do what my mother did and take a nap in the middle of her bed waiting for her to return.

There is something to be said for the "blame" to be passed on to the parents when demands are set on a child. Peer pressure can either be lifted or they will just learn another way to get around it. Personally, I'm more for raising children that make a better choice rather than try and get around the rules.

Could always lock her back out when she sneaks out. Looks like she's trying to have her cake and eat it too.... [have her own schedule with a nice place to sleep]. If she can't get back into her nice warm and safe world, tough love might make her want to not leave it unexpectedly.

Come Play at the Track!!

http://www.elitetrackdays.com
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote