Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > News Desk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-12-2010, 09:48 AM   #20
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2000 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
How's a cell phone going to make their life better? That's pretty materialistic outlook. Giving them shit in a fucking hand basket will not make their life better and has a good possibility of making their life worse.
Hold on dude, you're making some assumptions here. The largest being that my kid doesn't work his ass off for everything he gets. He may only be 6 but you better believe he sweats when he does chores, yard-work, or whatever I tell him to do. No, I'm not kidding, everyone pulls their weight in this home.

Aside from that, a cell phone isn't just a material object it is a connection to the entire world from wherever you are. Personally, NOT being able to get in touch with someone got me in some fucked up situations as a kid...try 16 years old in a tricked out car with rims and completely LOST in East St. Louis. Or jumping a half-pipe with friends on BMX bikes and having one hit his head. I could go on forever, but you get the idea.

Safety issues aside, cell phones and part of our fabric now. There was a time when people were saying that kids didn't need electricity because it wasn't around when they were young. From my POV having a cell phone is as essential to my daily life as a wallet. When he's old enough to start going places on his own or with friends then he can earn a phone.
1982 Honda XR80 - blown motor, 1993 Kawasaki ZX6D - sold, 2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S - sold, 1984 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R - blown motor, 2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom - totalled, 2003 Yamaha FZ1 - sold, 1994 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Honda CBR600F4i - sold, 1998 Suzuki DR350 - stolen, 1989 Honda Super Magna - sold, 2007 Yamaha Stratoliner, 2000 Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird
Kaneman is offline   Reply With Quote