Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-18-2010, 12:13 PM   #19
Rider
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apoc View Post
Not entirely true...

Theres a lot of science behind it, but overall, the misconception that working longer burns more calories just isnt true.

Muscle mass burns calories, the more hard, dense muscle tissue you have, the more calories you burn over time.

So yes, over a span of 45 minutes, you will burn more calories doing 20 rep sets, but will get almost zero actual muscle growth. Where as somebody training with lower reps with intention of building muscle (not talking bodybuilder hu8geness), will burn much, much more calories over the course of the day than the person doing the high reps.

That said, rider, switching your routine will do that to your body. Its not good to fall into the same workout for months on end. 6 weeks is about the max length you should keep one routine, as your body becomes used to it and stops growing because its accustomed to the strain your putting on your body.

Its more complicated than that, but I dont have time to go into protein synthesis and macrobolic nutrition. And you'd be bored to tears trying to read it, because you probabl;y dont care anyway.
Yeah I'm just trying to cut up now. Probably do this for a month or so, then go back to building muscle. Right now I'm not very defined, just bulky. That's why I cut back on the carbs/sugar. As soon as I go back on carbs I'll try out this throwback Pepsi.
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote