Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-26-2010, 01:25 PM   #21
Crotch Rocket Curmudgeon

Moto: Li'l red baby Ninja

Fanboy? That can only be directed at me. Maybe you missed the part about Windows, and Linux, and need to go back and read for comprehension. I used to be a PC consultant. I am not a fan of ANY motherfucking computers [anymore]. I never even said the shit would last longer than 5 fucking minutes (someone mentioned longevity). I wish people would stop projecting their Mac fears onto me.

I just said that you plug that fucking shit in, and it works, and that leaves ME to get back to what the fuck it was I was doing...living my life.

In particular this resonates with me as it has to do with my sheer motherfucking disdain for the literally thousands of hours I've lost in my fucking lifetime to badly made hardware, badly written software, and stupid incompatibilities.

FUCK building PCs out of parts, and FUCK getting proprietary shit from assholes.

Apple finally went Intel, full-industry-standard hardware, and their shit WORKS. It works, it's quiet, it costs 18 watts to run when it throttles back - what's not to love?

But trust me, fanboy I'm not. I'm sooooo not a fan of computers, that my studio will feature a RADAR system from Otari. For those who don't know what that is, it's basically a "tapeless tape machine". While in the box you will find a PC, it runs all proprietary shit, and has just STOP, REW, PLAY, FF, REC transport controls.

No plug-ins, no emulators, no updates, no conflicts, just a big fat red button to hit, when you wanna stick fucking music in the box.

I will have a computer (running ProTools and Logic), but it will be OFF most of the time music is being made (Via a lightpipe>IEEE1394 interface, the RADAR actually dumps right into the computer for mixing and editing)

Do I sound like a fucking computer fanboy?

Last edited by Avatard; 01-26-2010 at 01:31 PM..
Avatard is offline   Reply With Quote