Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-04-2010, 08:20 AM   #11
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildchild View Post
wow, glad that's over for you. i remember you hinting at something like that but didn't know it was actually going to be a case.

glad it ended as well as it did.

settlements suck but anyone remember snapper lawn mowers? that's what happens when you fight the law suits. they never took the settlement out of court route. fought every battle. lost one and out they went. for business it is far cheaper and less risky to just pay the whiners their money.
Kinda same in the medical field. For the real fuckups i can see it but for the minor stuff or nothing with lasting/permenant damage they need to stfu.

When I was a student we had a 13 day old girl come into the peds er in septic shock. She had an imperfrate anus (buthole didnt open up when she was born) its somewhat common and an easy fix when you look for it like youe supposed to.

The mom wasnt the sharpest tool in the shed which delayed things. She had a recto vaginal fistula which meant the poop was coming out the front. this day dad changed the diaper and realized its coming out the wrong end. The kid decompensated on their way in. We worked on her for about 2 hrs and she died a day or 2 later in the nicu. The OB docs and nurss never checked and sent her homelike that. They wound up with over 10 mil for that one.
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote