Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-21-2010, 01:28 PM   #1
Apoc
For Science. You Monster.

Moto: '08 HD FLSTSB
Default Thats messed up...

My grandma is at my uncles for the weekend (she's 92, her and my 95 yo grandfather live in an old folks home. My other uncle, who's paralyzed, also lives with my uncle who owns the home (the home used to belong to my grandparents)

Anyway, I dropped by to visit her about 20 minutes ago, when I walked in she was sleeping in her chair, and my uncle, was passed out, head hanging back, out of it.

I try to wake him up, no response. Try some more, grab the phone, call 911, sing out to my other uncle, who was upstairs. He comes down, I pass him the phone.

Uncle comes to. `im fine, im fine`

`No Terry, your not fine, theres something wrong, I called an ambulance`

He tells me once more he`s fine, then he starts talking gibberish and hitting himself in the chest and neck.

At first I thought it was siezure, and dint want to restrain him, but then I realized his eyes werent rolled back aqnd he was talking, 911 told my uncle to tell me to restrain him from hurting himself if it wasnt a siezure.. So I stopped him from hitting himself and tried to calm him down. Ambulance showed up quick (theres an ambulance station nearby, even though the hospital is about a half hour), and had to restain him on an ambulance bed and take him They asked if he was Schitzophrenic (which he isnt that I know of), and a few other questions.

My uncle and grandmother are gone up with him. My grandma is way more worried than a 92yo should be. And I have no clue whats wrong with him.

Trippy. I`ve never actually come upon a medical emergency before. I was suprised I stayed pretty calm through the whole thing, it only occurred to me that I might have panicked, after it was all over, so thats good. But ya, still trippy.

And dont let your babies grow up to be cowboys, either.
Apoc is offline   Reply With Quote