Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > News Desk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-06-2010, 01:56 PM   #11
Crotch Rocket Curmudgeon

Moto: Li'l red baby Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apoc View Post
Thats the thing man, its bad. We know that. It large amounts its deadly. We dont disagree.

So dont eat it in large amounts. If you choose wisely, fine and good. But for the people who dont, fuck em. Its not like we havent known soda is bad for over 20 years now. Its still the best selling drink in the world, so fuck them. Thwy know better and dont care, fuck them.

You bitch for the legalization of marijauna, saying you dont need uncle to look out for you. Then you want HFCS banned, because uncle needs to look out for you more.
I see your point, and I would argue that perhaps we need to take a more even approach here. You can't portend to protect, and not do so completely, lest you lull people into a false sense of security, because you offered them protection, and they entrusted their lives to you.

Either the government has to stop regulating Foods and Drugs, or they have to regulate it more fairly, and totally, lest some (read: most) folks get screwed.

Your whole attitude is one of "hey, we get it, we eat good - those who don't care, fuck 'em". Well, that's fine, I suppose, if the underlying understanding is, in fact, caveat emptor...but the USA has given us the FDA, and the Food Pyramid, and an RDA of vitamins and minerals, and suggested to everyone that the things in the food supply are safe to eat.

It would appear that HFCS helps flip the "fat switch", metabolically speaking. That makes it rather bad. I'd say easily as harmful as Sodium Cyclamate, which the FDA pulled, even though the entire known world uses it to sweeten their beverages with no apparent ill effects.

400 people every year die from Acetaminophen (Tylenol), but only a few died from Ephedra, and that got pulled.

The fact is, it's all about money. Not your health, not mine.

If the FDA is to continue, then this needs to be fixed. Fake regulation in the name of profit is not what we need.

Either let's regulate things according to safety, or it's caveat emptor...but not this. This is bullshit.

Got it now?