Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-22-2010, 07:55 AM   #1
cbrchick
Canyon Carver

Moto: Honda CBR 600, Yamaha Zuma 50, Suzuki SV1000
Default Selling/buying a house - do you care what colors the walls are either way?

So my husband and I are going to be carrying 2 houses here pretty soon for a good amount of money each month. We are moving into our new house at the end of next week and are busy trying to get the never ending list of "stuff" accomplished with this one so we can get it on the market.

My hubby is in the military and I have an infant which makes getting things done in a timely and money sensitive matter difficult at times. As much as we don't want to, we are going to get this house painted by professionals in prep to sell. We don't have really extreme colours, and our realtor is suggesting we paint all the walls "bland beige".

So my question is, has it mattered to you as a buyer/seller if a house is all one color on the inside? It will be easy to paint over for the next person, a clean slate.... But has it turned anyone off when looking for a house when there is zero personality in the house in terms of colour?

We're going to have minimal furniture in each room, no art work, and just window coverings/plants.

??????
cbrchick is offline   Reply With Quote