Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-22-2010, 10:53 AM   #1
AquaPython
put it THIS way

Default Ping Ebbs (HDR)

or anyone else...

so i got my canon SLR a few weeks ago and started taking RAW shots to play with HDR the "right" way.

after messing with codecs and adobe updates to be able to read the new canon raw CR2 files, and pull them into CS4 (windows 7 , 64 bit) , i finally got into the HDR process.

So here is what i tried first:
1)
opened a single CR2 file. it loads onto a RAW reader window, where i can slide some exposure and other settings. I tried first to save several different exposures as Adobe raw files called "digital negatives" or something to that effect. DNF files i think?
2)
then under automation..HDR i brought these DNF files in but they are all the same, without the changed settings (which means i guess it is still a raw that has all settings in it, not just one....)

ok

so i went back to 1) did the same thing but saved as Jpegs.
back to 2) but when i selected the Jpegs for the HDR process, it posts a warning about how i really should be using RAW files for best quality HDRs !
wtf?
i said OK and went ahead with it, but the results were not too hot.

i went to pirate bay and DL'd photomatix 3 pro and ran the same jpeg pics with much better looking HDR.

only thing is, either way they only save as Tiffs, and CS4 doesnt allow me to save AS jpeg?

so i am little confused in the process here. any help would be appreciated.

also if i have the raw, is Lightroom not necessary? i think you said at one point that light room is best used to make the different exposures of an existing Jpeg, when you dont have the Raw. yes?

Last edited by AquaPython; 04-22-2010 at 10:55 AM..
AquaPython is offline   Reply With Quote