Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > In the Garage or Shop > Mechanical or Tech

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-27-2008, 01:34 AM   #28
ceo012384
Pompous Prick

Moto: 06 R6 (race), 04 CRF Tard (race)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudpuppy View Post
i have never had an issue with washing the chain with water after cleaning it.. i always dry it when i am done though too.. funny thing though is with my normal "cleaning" method of simple green and brake cleaner before that after i washed the chain with soap and water and went to dry the chain off it would always leave tons of grease on the towel.. with the kero the towel was spotless..

so let me say kero is the way to go for sure.. excellent results.. sprayed on, grunge brush, rinsed off, towel dry, ride and lube.. done and done.. turned out kick ass.. now i am going to have to test the motul chain clean to see how it stacks up..

so how do you wash your bike if you don't get your chain wet?
Shit man it looks great! Good work. Glad it worked out for you. It's definitely the materials/method that I will continue to use indefinitely.

I sometimes do my detailing by hand, but also sometimes do the full-on hose jobbie. I just wait to do the cleaning of the chain until after the washing of the bike.

It's probably not a concern, just the way I like to do things. I guess I just meant to keep an eye out for small rust pittings and such
ceo012384 is offline   Reply With Quote