Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-04-2010, 07:19 AM   #11
askmrjesus
Soul Man

Moto: '0000 Custom Turbo Cross (with jet kit).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smittie61984 View Post
With them living in the such a great wilderness they probably know that no matter what man does, Mother Nature will prevail. Louisiana has endless amounts of marsh that is an excellent filtration system and probably one of the best in the world. Not saying it is good but I don't believe it is as bad as people think. People will suffer, animals will die, and the area is going to look like shit for a little while. But that volcano in Iceland will do more damage to the enviroment than we could probably dream of doing by letting all the oil in every oil rig go.

I think time is what will fix this.
Yeah, fuck 'em. It's just a little oil. A few Handi-Wipes will sort that shit right out. No need to worry really. Mother Nature and all that...

Meanwhile, back on Earth, 75% of the worlds fisheries were over-exploited, fully exploited, or depleted before this spill. That number just went up.

The myth that the ocean can just "absorb" whatever is thrown in it, is just that. A myth. Oil doesn't go away on it's own. It doesn't "filter down" into something else. It's still oil, and it will be fucking things up for years to come.

You'd have to be a gigantic moronic pinhead, to believe millions of gallons of crude will not have a huge effect on the region...

"The ocean will take care of this on its own if it was left alone and left out there," Rush Limbaugh said. "It's natural. It's as natural as the ocean water is."

See? There's one now.

JC