Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-18-2010, 10:43 AM   #10
caveman
mmmm, Beeeer

Moto: 08 HD Ultra

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeNetworX View Post
We have two JRTs and what you just described does not fit for either of them. Both are excellent with children; in fact, they absolutely love playing with the neighborhood kids and our friends' small children. They are friendly to 95% of the dogs they've encountered. Only one of them gets a little testy (the more intelligent one), just around certain dogs she doesn't seem to like, for whatever reason. They've never bitten anyone. While they will run and play for as long as we want them to (when it's time for that), they will also lay around and chill all day, if that's what we are doing. I can see where many JRTs may fall in line with what you posted, as I've met many of them.

They say dogs reflect their owner's personalities; I guess that's true. My wife and I are pretty easy going people and we both despise drama. Must be the same with babies, because our newborn is the calmest and most relaxed baby any of our friends, neighbors and family has seen. Unlike the high-maintenance newborn babies our friends have; sitting on the sideline and watching them, it's easy to see how they have made their children that way. OMG, she just let out a little noise - quick, shove a bottle in her mouth. Oh no, it's 11:45, time for his nap - he has to go down now, and we have to shut the blinds and turn down the noise. Have to sit the baby this certain way when she eats - the book says so. And so on, and so on, and so on. I dunno, I think I'm just rambling at this point, so I'll stop now.
I hear ya about the reflection of what the parents do for the kids. The dogs too. I have two kids that were pretty good as babes but as they get their own personality I am liking them less and less.

As for the dog.... I really like the short hair of the JRT and the small stature. I am not a big fan of the Marmaduke (Brinks{For Gas}Sized) dogs. And I like the fact that if I decide to have a lazy day, and I have many of those, then they are cool with that as well as the oh we gonna go run? lets do eet. attitudes.

any how I like the Papillon you have too Rae. Looks like a cool little doggie.

Caveman

caveman is offline   Reply With Quote