Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-10-2010, 10:00 PM   #1
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar
Default What I learned today...

thought this might be a cool thread... post up some things you learned today riding...

Learned my jacket isn't NEARLY as waterproof when you don't snap all the buttons or close every vent (even a 1/4" matters)

Learned I need boots that aren't made of sponge... poured out 2" of water out of each boot...

Learned riding in rain even a torrential downpour doesn't bug me

Learned while rain might not, lightening striking 50' away while riding through a flooded section that has my boots underwater... DOES!

Learned riding through flooded sections is a lot different from driving through them... you don't need to slow down as much... but you do need to slow down

learned if the water is running across the road with any sort of current(2-5" deep), your bike will lean into the current like you would for the wind...

Learned the Shoei Hornet is great in rain until you open the visor.... then you get water on the INSIDE of the visor... keep it shut even if it fogs...

oh learned the Droid loves water... so much that it'll drink itself to death... in the process of drying it now...

what did you learn today?
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote