Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-15-2010, 12:11 AM   #11
njchopper87
Bored

Moto: '01 Spirit 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by the chi View Post
Oh gawd. Can anyone assist with digging? Or um, throwing oneself at doors and windows?

Was cleaning the garage earlier, and lo and behold, the rescue comes trotting around the the house. He had just finished digging and utilizing the most recent mariana trench under my fence. Tied him up in the garage and let all 3 play while I cleaned the garage, brought them back out to play while I picked up the house and within 5 minutes he was digging a hole on the OTHER side the house, under the fence.

Now, it's bedtime, according to his owner he was an outside dog, but he periodically throws himself at the back door and starts scratching. Or at the window next to the bed.

I put his new rabies tag on him in case he gets out, again, like he did last night, our fault, and I have him tied by the collar on a long rope where he can reach the porch, but not the fence. Have I mentioned how much I HATE tying a dog up?

Any ideas?
Casper used to dig a lot. The only thing we could really do was fill the holes back up to have him dig them up right behind us. There were a couple areas by the fence we threw some potted plants by to discourage him. It's been scorching out recently so I'm unsure if he would still dig if he had the opportunity, but so far he hasn't been. At one point it got so bad that we were going to dig in some chicken wire to make sure he wouldn't escape.
njchopper87 is offline   Reply With Quote