Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-04-2010, 01:53 PM   #11
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaPython View Post
congratulations, i have been to the area 3 times now. what really is funny here is that i ask a simple question and you guys jump all over it like I am retarded and you have all the answers, promptly inserting foot in mouth.

The point I make with my question is that while the area did have trees, it was basically ONLY in the fertile lands close to the Nile. And you think that these trees would be chopped down for an endless length of rollers and scaffolding just to build these monoliths over hundreds of years, that (as the story books would have you believe) serve no other purpose but a moratorium for a long dead king? What a giant, no, fucking COLOSSAL waste or invaluable resources that would be, no?
The benefits of the life bearing trees in that region staying like that, would far outweigh the alternative.

This leaves only shipping. They had a thriving sea-port based economy, but then they would need to have paid for how many thousands of trees to be imported?

just the tip of the iceberg.
Watch that stone henge guy video posted earlier... you don't need a shit ton of wood to move big stones... other stones work as well.

And remember back then labor was free and resources were pissed away because only a handful of people were important enough to 'deserve' them. Plus, they viewed past rulers as gods in many cases... Put all that shit together and it's readily possible... granted, it's not as romantic as an alien invasion.
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote