Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-05-2010, 02:20 PM   #12
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno View Post
Who doesnt have cable TV? I am considering getting rid of the service. A few months ago, my bill was @ $110, for BASIC cable(no DVR or premium channels) and medium speed internet. Pissed me off, so I called and threatend to cancel.
My bill now is $79 a month, but I still want to cancel, I really dont watch TV except for a few shows that I can get off netflix/hulu/youtube.
$30 a month At&t DSL and $13 a month netflix and maybe blockbuster is better that $80 bucks a month for cable internet.
Anyone do this?
I don't have cable and am not in a rush to get it... though, I would like the internet... probably be more productive at work and I'd like to download TV shows and movies.

Best deal around for me is cable/internet bundle.

Satellite is too expensive for what you get (EVERY TV needs a box) and I haven't investigated DSL in my neighborhood... if I'm going to get cable anyway, I'm not fucking around with DSL.

I had DSL one time back in the day. Other than the nightmare we went through when the provided went bankrupt and our service was sold and resold a dozen times in a couple of months, it was retarded awesome. The thing with DSL is... location, location, location.

We were about three blocks away from a main switching station so we were plugged in to about the fattest pipeline possible... I'm talking 5-6Mbps all day every day, no matter what... and it was cheap as balls too. Granted, that was about 10 years ago, so the location thing may not be as important now...
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote