Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-09-2008, 09:51 PM   #25
DLIT
Clit Commander

Moto: 2012 Ducati 1199 Panigale S

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceo012384 View Post
It does. I had a chance to snap a couple at lunch today.

Eventually I want an SLR as well. I want to have a nice full manual camera, and then this one which I will use every day since it's easy to carry.

The other thing is that the extra megapixels can act as extra zoom. Basically I require my camera to be small enough to carry, and as such 3x is the zoom level that is available on most cameras. But this takes such frigging huge pictures, I can practically triple that zoom level just with image resolution

Also, it has a Zeiss lens. Awesome.

The thing lists for $349, I got the guy at Circuit City to give it to me for $300. Basically sony was able to fit the new 13.6MP chip (just came out) into their cybershot casing that they use with their 7 MP (and one other I think) camera... I think that's why the cost stayed down. This camera is a STEAL even at the MSRP IMHO.

That's a waste of an SLR IMHO.

This camera has manual mode and for taking non-time-sensitive shots I will certainly take advantage of it.

Thanks dude! I was able to take a few quick pictures at lunch today and am very happy with this thing. It friggin rocks and has TONS of features. I love Sony, my family and I have always bought their electronics whenever they were an option.

Thanks. nice. Yeah basically I can zoom in 3x and then use the resolution to get an image of her getting out of the shower haha.

Here's a few from lunch. I bet I'll have more soon, I want to mess around with this thing a lot.

View from my office (Boston FTW!):

The little courtyard outside my office (mech eng building, on the right):

Flower under the tree above... very happy with the way this came out considering it was in the shade:

Also, the stabilization on this thing is REALLY fucking good. I've never used a camera that the image stabilizer worked so good on.
The landscape shots are good, but the flower one is just okay. But for that price, it takes some really good shots.

DLIT is offline   Reply With Quote