Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-15-2008, 05:24 AM   #1
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar
Default Wish me luck

So I'm submitting a package to become a Military Training Leader... it's like the TI's in basic training only we are at the Tech schools and don't wear the "mount me" hats. We transition the Airmen from the basic training mentality into the "Real" Air Force while trying to help solidify the Air Force Core Values. Basically I'll serve as a mentor and adviser to thousands of airman as they go to Technical school to learn their trade. I'll do open ranks inspections (inspecting their person aka uniforms), room inspections, assign details, resolve issues with assignments or any personal issues that come up.

It's something I've had in the back of my mind for a long time but always had something else (mainly my ex) keeping me from doing it... but I looked and now is as good a time as any.

I think I'll excel at it and I know I'd enjoy it... it'll be long hours but I already work that in a career field I hate an have 0 sense of accomplishment on most days as there really isn't shit to do, and when you DO fix shit all people do is complain that it broke in the fist place...

anyways... there are jobs open all over... but I'm applying for a spot at Pope AFB in Fayetteville NC.

I'll be submitting my package by the end of the month... and should find out in a month... maybe sooner. I'm already anxious as hell and I haven't even started the paperwork!

as far as riding goes... I'll have less time to ride than in Colorado... because I'll be working 12-14's almost every day... but I'm think'n it's year round riding...or pretty close... so it may even out.... but I won't get to take leave as much... or at least not big lumps like I like to do.

anyways... I'm fuck'n excited... one of the few jobs in the AF that I think I'd really love to do.
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote