Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > In the Garage or Shop > Mechanical or Tech

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-28-2008, 01:14 AM   #26
ceo012384
Pompous Prick

Moto: 06 R6 (race), 04 CRF Tard (race)

This long weekend I was able to get a lot of the final things done. I'm really psyched right now. Most of these things didn't require a ton of work, but they make such a huge difference towards the appearance of being done that it really looks great now.

I did the final coat of paint all around. I also repainted parts of all three of the thresholds in black, since they got joint compound and/or paint on them. Other little black trim stuff outside was also given another coat. Here's the final coat of paint:

Intermittently I threw on all of the faceplates for the outlets and switches.

Next, I installed the diamond plate baseboard. I was able to do the whole main room with it. I couldn't do the one piece of wall I wanted to do in the small room because there were a couple pieces missing from the order, so I alerted the company and they will be here this week. Besides that, the people were nice and attentive (diamondlife I think the company is called) and also, the stuff looks great!!! Here's the parts that I did:

I used an aluminum-colored caulking meant for trim work to seal the baseboard to the floor all around the room. This means for washing the floor I never have to worry about moisture getting up under the wall, into the drywall and the wood. I could literally fill the room up with 4 inches of water. Here's a closeup of the caulking sealing the baseboard to the floor:

I installed shelving on all the walls in the small room. On the left are 8" deep shelves, the back wall has 12" deep shelves, and the whole right wall on either side of the doorway has 10" deep shelves.

Here's a little bling I had lying around... a couple old street signs. The bike route sign is from chicago, forget how I came into that. I used a concrete nailer to hang 'em:

Because of the low overhang between rooms, I decided to paint some caution stripes on the threshold. Several people (including me once, forgetting to duck) had already hit their head. So I just measured off a bunch of stripes with a ruler and pencil, taped it up with painter's tape, and used some high gloss red paint:

Later, I pulled away the tape, and it came out pretty nicely I think:

Next, I decided to take care of some more shelves in a few places. Since the shelves on the right wall in the small room are 10" deep, they protrude into the doorway a little bit. Thus, I figured I could utilize the space on the wall in the threshold between rooms.

I don't like having tons of bottles and aerosol cans everywhere and not being able to find them when I need them, so I designed and built a little rig to hold them:

I also cut some plywood shelves for the speakers and my stereo. I painted those and the shelves I made for the cans/bottles:

Then I installed the can rig I dreamt up. It fit pretty well and looks like it will be very handy:

Also installed the shelves for the speakers and stereo, and wired up the speaker wire outlets they will all utilize:

This last picture was right after I used a floor degreaser called greaseaid, a bristle brush on my hands and knees, and rags to clean the floor. That drywall dust is really ground in there pretty badly. I'm a little pissed about this, but I'm not sure it's worth the effort to get it all off right now since eventually I will need to prep the surface in both rooms for adherance of an epoxy floor coating when I have the time and money to do it. That will probably occur this fall. That is, unless someone has an easy solution for cleaning the floor that I could do quickly soon.
ceo012384 is offline   Reply With Quote